• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 13-35-26 r_F1NN5TER - I found a family car for F1nnIcky for when they...png

Me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2021
    Austin
    What's the story about Olight? I haven't heard anything about it.

Some number of years ago they had weapon mounted lights that had at least one (maybe several?) instance of shorting out under recoil and then the lithium battery exploded. They addressed whatever that issue had been but it happened and memes are eternal.

I don't use their WMLs but I do have a couple of their small handheld flashlights and like them, haven't had any issues.

edit: I tried to find a link to news story but couldn't. WML issue might be an urban legend or my ability to google things sucks, hard to say which. I did however find an article about a lawsuit against olight after a guy had a handheld in his mouth and it blew up. Seems to be more of a battery issue than flashlight issue though. Here's a link for anyone curious...

Last edited:

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    What's the story about Olight? I haven't heard anything about it.

Probably the only flashlight company to have a legit body count due to them doubling as a destructive device.

Olight owners are also fun to troll, pretty much because they're the same crowd that buys Springfield XD's, Taurus 24/7's, and wears skinny jeans unironically. :laughing:

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Probably the only flashlight company to have a legit body count due to them doubling as a destructive device.

Olight owners are also fun to troll, pretty much because they're the same crowd that buys Springfield XD's, Taurus 24/7's, and wears skinny jeans unironically. :laughing:
    I keep hearing people on the forum mention this but have never seen any proof. Please post links. I need the check this out.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I keep hearing people on the forum mention this but have never seen any proof. Please post links. I need the check this out.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 18-39-29 r_flashlight - Gruesome Death - Olight flashlight exploded!.png

They don't ID the brand of flashlight in that one though.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MWYBORNY
    Top Bottom