Fannin
    IMG_7482.jpeg

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    I'll have blood on my hands when I get ahold of the bubba who did that...
    Hey GZ,

Take a look at the early '60's "Bullseye Guns" done by the Air Force & Army team armorers...(think it was before the "AMU" was)??

Mr. Giles comes to mind....

1695956113315.png

They worked with "surplus" guns (I know the bottom one is a Model 52....the upper one is in 38 special ) with what was on hand.

Almost all were exceptionally accurate...

Fellow I shot Bullseye with had a Giles 38 Special that looked real similar to this next pic...notice the "stipling' on the front strap.

1695956315668.png

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Hey GZ,

Take a look at the early '60's "Bullseye Guns" done by the Air Force & Army team armorers...(think it was before the "AMU" was)??

View attachment 408139

They worked with "surplus" guns (I know the bottom one is a Model 52....the upper one is in 38 special ) with what was on hand.

Fellow I shot Bullseye with had a Giles 38 Special that looked real similar to this next pic...notice the "stipling' on the front strap.

View attachment 408140

Well, that stippling is sloppy as hell, but those guns at least were modified by smiths who knew what they were doing. It's not the half-assed, uneven scale pattern that trashed the slide on that US&S 1911.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Hey GZ,

View attachment 408139

View attachment 408140
    The .38s were mid-range wadcutters where the bullet was set back to almost flush with the case rim. There was also a .38 AMU but it was briefly used. The sights on the colt don't look right for an AMU gun. I am pretty sure that the Colt serial number is a commercial number. AMU conversions, as I understand it, were done on GI issued guns, Ithicas, Remington Rands, Colt etc.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cz315
    Top Bottom