• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Any dude who has never blown a speaker listens to the wrong music.
    I listen to the right music - I just do not appreciate it more if it is louder. In '86 I was TDY to Munich when several folks in my class got tickets to the three day "Rock am Riem" at the Olympiahalle. A couple of them headed to Nürnberg for Sunday and left the tickets for others to use. I went along to check it out but the closest I could get was the park across the way because it was so loud.

To be fair though my girl friends like music louder than I do and I am the slowest driver in our family - including our mom - according to my brothers.
    Capitol Armory ad

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I listen to the right music - I just do not appreciate it more if it is louder. In '86 I was TDY to Munich when several folks in my class got tickets to the three day "Rock am Riem" at the Olympiahalle. A couple of them headed to Nürnberg for Sunday and left the tickets for others to use. I went along to check it out but the closest I could get was the park across the way because it was so loud.

To be fair though my girl friends like music louder than I do and I am the slowest driver in our family - including our mom - according to my brothers.
    Ha! Thanks. I hadn't seen the former quote as really talking about loud music. I guess I was wrong.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    FGmuntDXsAogRF7.jpeg.jpg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I went along to check it out but the closest I could get was the park across the way because it was so loud.
    By 1978 and the Parallel Lines tour, Blondie's drummer was already basically deaf. That didn't prevent them from cranking it up. At some venue whose name I can't remember in downtown Houston, I sat right in front of the stacks, stage left. I couldn't hear for a while, except for the ringing in my ears. Then I could hear again but the ringing remains.

Still.

Today.

Over 40 years later and my ears are still ringing.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    By 1978 and the Parallel Lines tour, Blondie's drummer was already basically deaf. That didn't prevent them from cranking it up. At some venue whose name I can't remember in downtown Houston, I sat right in front of the stacks, stage left. I couldn't hear for a while, except for the ringing in my ears. Then I could hear again but the ringing remains.

Still.

Today.

Sounds eerily familiar to my experience from a RUSH concert in the same time period.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio

Still.

Today.

For me it was second row of an Iron Butterfly concert. A HS classmate played in a band and his ears would sometimes bleed after playing

Top Bottom