• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    We had duck and cover but it was for tornados, I still feel like they were pointless...
    For tornadoes we went to the hall and sat the quietly on the floor. Quietly yeah right.

For Nuclear attacks we were taught to duck and cover. I just laughed. Was still laughing when I reached the principals office. I was six.

I was a difficult kid. Now I'm just a difficult asshole. But hey, everyone needs a hobby right?

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    E8etskeWUAUUBf5.jpeg.jpg

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    An old man goes to the Wizard to ask him if he can remove a curse he has been living with for the last 40 years.
    The Wizard says, 'Maybe, but you will have to tell me the exact words that were used to put the curse on you.'
    The old man says without hesitation, 'I now pronounce you man and wife.'

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Cast iron, enameled tubs were the standard before I was born. Now there are companies that restore them and there are trendy folk who buy them. The prices tend to be astronomical. New ones of unknown quality start at ~$1000 and go way up from there. Getting an old one re-enameled can be relatively cheap, say $350-$500, but in those cases the contractor is just stripping the inside, roughing up the surface, and re-painting with an enamel paint. If you really want to get an antique, porcelain-lined cast iron tub properly restored you're talking much more money to have it removed, transported to a shop, refinished, and the whole thing baked in a kiln. That can run into the thousands.

I've seen old tubs with broken porcelain, rusted through on the bottom, for which the sellers were asking $300 or more. Because, of course, they're "antiques"...even if they can never be properly restored and their only real use is as a garden planter. Big, heavy, high-quality antique cast iron tubs in excellent condition are very, very expensive.

Looking back on it, in today's world probably the single most valuable thing that was in my maternal grandmother's house was her tub.

Wow. The world really changes, doesn't it?
    I worked for a wholesale plumbing supply company 40 years ago. The standard was fiberglass but we still sold a decent amount of cast iron tubs (not the free standing with legs). Any freight damaged fiberglass units I could repair but it definitely required an expert to fix any cast iron blemishes.

I'm thinking the fiberglass tub and shower units were just under $200. The cast iron tub was maybe $500 but that was just a one-sided tub that was placed against a wall.

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    An old man goes to the Wizard to ask him if he can remove a curse he has been living with for the last 40 years.
    The Wizard says, 'Maybe, but you will have to tell me the exact words that were used to put the curse on you.'
    The old man says without hesitation, 'I now pronounce you man and wife.'
    I'm hoping my 30 year curse goes before the Wizard this month.

Top Bottom