• ...and so much more!
  • kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    thumb_the-awkward-moment-you-see-yourselfin-themirror-and-just-cant-50884909.png
    996a283d9b31a77ef8ee79fadca3961c.jpg

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    And what happens when you do that nowadays?

Anybody else notice that even after the officer realized and admitted that it wasn't anything illegal, he nonetheless still asked for the drivers ID? And she gave it to them, of course. I know the officers showed up based on the address the car was registered to, so they already knew who they were, but just the fact that they asked for ID, after knowing there wasn't even a suspicion of anything wrong, let alone an actual criminal act, sits poorly with me.

EDIT: Just now saw Ben English's post, above..

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Anybody else notice that even after the officer realized and admitted that it wasn't anything illegal, he nonetheless still asked for the drivers ID? And she gave it to them, of course. I know the officers showed up based on the address the car was registered to, so they already knew who they were, but just the fact that they asked for ID, after knowing there wasn't even a suspicion of anything wrong, let alone an actual criminal act, sits poorly with me.

EDIT: Just now saw Ben English's post, above..
    Yeah the whole video I was asking why they didn't just walk away. End of story. No crime committed no need to continue investigating.

I understand the officer might need to write a report, and he is free to do that with the available information. I would prefer to just walk away.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yeah the whole video I was asking why they didn't just walk away. End of story. No crime committed no need to continue investigating.

I understand the officer might need to write a report, and he is free to do that with the available information. I would prefer to just walk away.

Most departments require positive ID. You'd be amazed at how many fugitives/felons are picked up this way. As it is, they'll be able to say that the subject "John D. Citizen", was ID'd, the call was identified to be in error, and no harm/no foul. You'd be surprised how many Karen's will f/u their call with DEMANDS to know what was done.

Top Bottom