• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Semper Fidelis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2022
    Geneva - SWITZERLAND
    Welcome to the forum SF. I need to add Switzerland to my to go visit list as I only visited Netherlands, Italy, Germany, France, Greece, and UK. I just need to add your country along with Spain, Turkey, Sweden,Norway, and Denmark. I have a good friend and counterpart in Amsterdam and he always wants me to return. I encourage people here to visit your side of the world.

I'm from the french part of Switzerland, if I may, choose the german part of Switzerland, it is much nicer ! (or the italian part named Ticino/Tessin.

The video was made in the german part.

Semper Fidelis
    Target Sports

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Why is NOW NY in my Avatar ?

Because it is for nearly two years I want to come in the US and that, after I registered into the forum, I found an employer in NY State. So, it is a personalized avatar of where you soon will find me (physicaly).

If I'm not welcome with this avatar, I can change, no problem.

Semper Fidelis
    You are welcome with any Avatar, within reason :)
    Belated welcome to the forum, I've a connection with Wilderswil, and it's too bad you couldn't have found a Texas employer, lol !

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area

Because it is for nearly two years I want to come in the US and that, after I registered into the forum, I found an employer in NY State. So, it is a personalized avatar of where you soon will find me (physicaly).

Semper Fidelis
    Your avatar is fine. Leave it like it is.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I'm from the french part of Switzerland, if I may, choose the german part of Switzerland, it is much nicer ! (or the italian part named Ticino/Tessin.

The video was made in the german part.

Semper Fidelis
    Thanks for the recommendation. Yes I had a great experience with Germany especially in Heidelburg and Munich and my fondest memories Hofbrahaus in Munich. I also loved Italy especially visiting Rome and St Francis of Assisi along with Venice. I did very well communicating with the people in all those places.

Semper Fidelis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2022
    Geneva - SWITZERLAND
    Okay, this avatar might shows more of my personality.

I've recieved a Gold Medal at the 48th Geneva International Inventions Exhibition in April 2023 for the first ambidextrous rifle in the World.

Yes I am a gunsmith, but not a shop, I always create new developments, also like "concept guns" and regarding the Swiss regulation first. I'll have to read carfuly US regulations too.

Unfortunately, I might not be able to come in the US with my prototypes and will have to leave them in Switzerland.

That's life !

Semper Fidelis

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    Hello all,

First of all sorry, I've not been a lot on the forum, so much to do to come to live in the US.

Thank's for asking about the video I just rapidely watched it to answer.

Why in Switzerland we do not have so many mass shooting ? The problem is not guns, it is society !

Society passes by education. Knowing what you are doing, understanding what you are doing.

Do not misunderstand my meaning, I do not say that their is no education in the US but the fact is that you do not learn anymore the multiplication table, you do not learn anymore the substraction and have to build an addition to do so, i.e.

32-12, the kids today will calculate it like :

12+8=20
    20+10=30
    30+2=32

Then +8+10+2 = 20 !!!

After elementary school, let's talk about university... Education is not a free thing (try to go to the university in the US, it costs 50-100k/year, in Switzerland, university fees is 500$ a year !)

But first of all, education is not a state thing to do, it is a parent thing to assume ! Nobody is taking time with their children like before. Why ? If I tell you the word SMARTPHONE doew it means something to you ? If you are parents, please, take more time with your children, explain them the life and the way to understand things, let them becoming smart, please, do not let any AI taking care of their life.

Okay, we do not have to graduate to be smart with guns. The fact is that the use of guns is, more exactly WAS, in the Swiss culture. Every man at 18yo had to go to the army and keep his assault rifle at home (like you see the guy in the video having his FASS90 behind the sofa. So wifes and kids knew a huge gun was at home, and that was normal.

Today, the obligation to go to the army is no so strict anymore, so we have less military guns around. Plus, the militar can ask to let the gun in an army storage.

You do have to realize something in the US. Switzerland is a small country with a lot of mountains surrounded by this horrrrrible creation named Europe ! European law about gun is very restrictive and Switzerland is not protecting its rights and is following the european politic about it. Now we have to get a special permit if a semi-auto rifle has a magazine of more than 10 rounds (20 for pistols). The shooting clubs and annual events are still there but not every weekend. We only have two "gunshows" (50 exhibitors max) per year. Not one in every county every weekend.

Even worst, the law about guns has an... BE READY, KEEP CALM, STAY SITTING... has an automatical restrictions add every 5 years ! This is not an revision, it is an automatic restriction !

We ear in the video the word "community". Do not misunderstand, it is not the community like in the US when we talk about property taxes, a condo or a church, it only means the guys that are shooting too. The definition is totaly different.

About guns, their is the "culture" and the "practice". In 1995 the army changed and we introduced a gun training named NTTC for Nouvelle Technique de Tir de Combat (New Technic of Combat Shooting). This was just a Chuck TAYLOR bassis. The fact is that fortunately, now, we know the 4 safety rules... Theoricaly :-(

Our culture is the "soldier citizen", like shown in the video, the equivalence of militia in the US. Our practice today is the 4 safety rules at least.

I DO THINK that if you take time with your children to show them the right way to think, i.e. "I do not feel good I'll go to see an analyst" vs "I do note feel good, I'll kill the world with my AR", think you might have much more guns and much less mass shootings.

I study US Law and especialy Constinutional law, so please, protect at least the two first Amendment of your Constitution and fight for a better educational system for your children.

Best regards from Switzerland

Semper Fidelis
    Welcome and I agree.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Hello all,

First of all sorry, I've not been a lot on the forum, so much to do to come to live in the US.

Thank's for asking about the video I just rapidely watched it to answer.

Why in Switzerland we do not have so many mass shooting ? The problem is not guns, it is society !

Society passes by education. Knowing what you are doing, understanding what you are doing.

Do not misunderstand my meaning, I do not say that their is no education in the US but the fact is that you do not learn anymore the multiplication table, you do not learn anymore the substraction and have to build an addition to do so, i.e.

32-12, the kids today will calculate it like :

12+8=20
    20+10=30
    30+2=32

Then +8+10+2 = 20 !!!

After elementary school, let's talk about university... Education is not a free thing (try to go to the university in the US, it costs 50-100k/year, in Switzerland, university fees is 500$ a year !)

But first of all, education is not a state thing to do, it is a parent thing to assume ! Nobody is taking time with their children like before. Why ? If I tell you the word SMARTPHONE doew it means something to you ? If you are parents, please, take more time with your children, explain them the life and the way to understand things, let them becoming smart, please, do not let any AI taking care of their life.

Okay, we do not have to graduate to be smart with guns. The fact is that the use of guns is, more exactly WAS, in the Swiss culture. Every man at 18yo had to go to the army and keep his assault rifle at home (like you see the guy in the video having his FASS90 behind the sofa. So wifes and kids knew a huge gun was at home, and that was normal.

Today, the obligation to go to the army is no so strict anymore, so we have less military guns around. Plus, the militar can ask to let the gun in an army storage.

You do have to realize something in the US. Switzerland is a small country with a lot of mountains surrounded by this horrrrrible creation named Europe ! European law about gun is very restrictive and Switzerland is not protecting its rights and is following the european politic about it. Now we have to get a special permit if a semi-auto rifle has a magazine of more than 10 rounds (20 for pistols). The shooting clubs and annual events are still there but not every weekend. We only have two "gunshows" (50 exhibitors max) per year. Not one in every county every weekend.

Even worst, the law about guns has an... BE READY, KEEP CALM, STAY SITTING... has an automatical restrictions add every 5 years ! This is not an revision, it is an automatic restriction !

We ear in the video the word "community". Do not misunderstand, it is not the community like in the US when we talk about property taxes, a condo or a church, it only means the guys that are shooting too. The definition is totaly different.

About guns, their is the "culture" and the "practice". In 1995 the army changed and we introduced a gun training named NTTC for Nouvelle Technique de Tir de Combat (New Technic of Combat Shooting). This was just a Chuck TAYLOR bassis. The fact is that fortunately, now, we know the 4 safety rules... Theoricaly :-(

Our culture is the "soldier citizen", like shown in the video, the equivalence of militia in the US. Our practice today is the 4 safety rules at least.

I DO THINK that if you take time with your children to show them the right way to think, i.e. "I do not feel good I'll go to see an analyst" vs "I do note feel good, I'll kill the world with my AR", think you might have much more guns and much less mass shootings.

I study US Law and especialy Constinutional law, so please, protect at least the two first Amendment of your Constitution and fight for a better educational system for your children.

Best regards from Switzerland

Semper Fidelis

Welcome back online. Don't be a stranger to the topics and discussions. Having someone participate with your background and experience makes it more informative and entertaining.

You do know that 'Semper Fidelis' is the motto of the US Marine Corps. OooRah!!! Good choice. My wife and I visited CH in 2004 for a week's vacation.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

Semper Fidelis
    <>

No, not at all.

Most of us on here are Southerners, or Damned Yankees doing their purgatory.

New York State is run by the leftists in NYC and in the Albany Capital, but the semi-rural areas upstate are much better.

Many of us feel that the Gulf South, especially TEXAS, are places to live & raise a family.

During my career, I did a lot of recruiting of Physicians to Texas. Things I repeatedly heard were : ‘’This wasn’t what I had expected!’’ ‘’Everything is so big & so clean; everyone here is so nice!’’

Please be welcome here.

leVieux

p.s. To most Americans, ‘’Semper Fidelis’’ has come to imply that the USMC is included. Yes, I know it is from Latin, and realize its various uses, but few here recognize other meanings.

<>

Last edited:

Semper Fidelis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2022
    Geneva - SWITZERLAND
    Welcome back online. Don't be a stranger to the topics and discussions. Having someone participate with your background and experience makes it more informative and entertaining.

Thank's for your welcome ! Unfortunately I only have very few time to spend on Internet, but anyway it will be a pleasure to participate to the discussion I'm invited to. Please feel free to send me a message when wanted, I get them and will log in.

Semper Fidelis

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    … for the ones on hollydays in Switzerland, let me know in advance if you wanna try a real coffe (not something you find in the streets of NY) !
    That is comical and I appreciate your humor.

Contrary to what might be popular world opinion, many Americans such as myself have no interest in NY, especially NY city…. Thankfully we aren’t missing good coffee that is available elsewhere.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Plenty of us, myself included, jump in even when we have little to nothing to add :)

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    tenor.gif

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Thank's for your welcome ! Unfortunately I only have very few time to spend on Internet, but anyway it will be a pleasure to participate to the discussion I'm invited to. Please feel free to send me a message when wanted, I get them and will log in.

Semper Fidelis

And, when you do, make sure you bring enough chocolate for everyone....

Top Bottom