• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Ok, it's time for all of us in the North Houston area, and those willing to travel a little farther to go have a meal, drink, good time, and spend a few dollars for a good cause.

Humble Area Friends of the NRA Banquet
    Thursday August 9 at 6:00pm

The dinner will be catered by one of Humbles best Italian restaurants, Italiano's. There will also be a cash bar.

NRA's wall of Guns, live auctions, silent auctions, and a bunch of different raffle style games for guns and gear will be a part of the program.

If we can get 8 guys willing to all go in together and sponsor a table, there will be a special gun raffle only for table sponsors.

If not involved in a table, at least sign up and post your handle and I will try to get some tables where we all can meet and sit close to each other. Got a little over two weeks to get everyone registered.

Contact me if you want some tickets and we can meet, or
    Buy your tickets on-line from the following link:
    https://www.friendsofnra.org/EventDetails.aspx?eid=8859&sid=45

(click to enlarge)
    View attachment 14783

Remember this is a non-profit organization, with the proceeds going to youth education, safety training, introducing new members to our sport and other worthwhile firearm related causes. We at the local level are all volunteers who are working for the good of our local community and 2nd amendment rights.
    Hurley's Gold

keith_tx

Bit and Byte Wrangler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    League City
    It's a little on the far side for me. Anything happenin' a little closer to Pearland and I'd be happy to join up. Looks like a good cause to me.

^Bump

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    It's a little on the far side for me. Anything happenin' a little closer to Pearland and I'd be happy to join up.

You don't exactly have to pack extra food and water for a trip from Pearland to Humble! 30 miles, nothin' to it!

I understand - I'm just giving the thread another bump!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Kind of odd, the Houston event tickets are $40 & the Humble event tickets are $35.
    I guess location really is everything.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Thanks for the bumps.

Had a committee meeting last night and it looks like with the NRA's Wall of Guns, and other raffles, auctions--both silent and live, we should have close to 20 guns going to new homes that night.

We are striving to get over 200 attendees for the event, and really need some of you guys to commit and join us next Thursday.

We should at least be able to get enough guys from here that want to meet each other to have a table or two full.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Thanks for the bumps.

Had a committee meeting last night and it looks like with the NRA's Wall of Guns, and other raffles, auctions--both silent and live, we should have close to 20 guns going to new homes that night.

We are striving to get over 200 attendees for the event, and really need some of you guys to commit and join us next Thursday.

We should at least be able to get enough guys from here that want to meet each other to have a table or two full.

That would be 2 weeks from now, correct?

How long is the event?

Why is a table for 8 people $350, but 8 x $35 is only $280?

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Yeah it in about 13 days, and lasts a few hours. Don't worry there will be a lot to do to keep you busy during that time. Got some local ROTC students presenting the colors, and some eye candy assisting you in purchasing your raffle tickets. Should be plenty of donated items on silent auctions, and some surprise items in a gift bag, (hint, hint, there may be a gun hidden in one of those range bags, so don't tell anyone, LOL).

The extra cash for a table guarantees you that your guests will be seated at the same reserved table, and recognized as a sponsor. You as a table sponsor also get to participate in an exclusive raffle for a gun. So as of last night you have about a 1 in 11 chance of winning that.

We encourage all to participate in the games and raffles, but if you are on a budget come for the meal and fellowship. The meal is estimated at about $20 from their menu, so you get dinner and know that the other $15 is going to a great cause.

keith_tx

Bit and Byte Wrangler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    League City
    I wanna keep this bumped up so everyone has a chance to take a look that might be able to come.

Who else is interested? Looks like it'll be fun, but more importantly it's for a real good cause.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    There's nothing fun about these
    The eye candy doesn't leave with me
    The guns don't leave with me
    Matter a fact, the only leaving going on is my money - but I've only been to 3 of them. ;-)

They are fun. At the Diboll event they had a 'pick a square' game for a handgun, I think it was a Judge & a good size Yeti. I picked B2. Then minutes before the drawing they were hyping it up so I bought another square. I was gonna pick E2 but decided to move out of the column but stayed on the E row. Guess what the winner was

The club I joined this year got a pretty substantial renovation through FNRA a few years back. Judging by what appears 'new', I probably wouldn't have joined if it weren't for the FNRA.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Come on guys, it looks like I am going to have to start calling you guys out on this.

shooterfpga Huffman is close by...................

Tejano Scott you and ZX9RCAM should start a carpool from The Woodlands, that way you can have a designated driver and a car full of designated drinkers.

Rangel Crosby is just a hop skip and a jump from Humble.

Rubikees you are in Atascocita with gcarrillo004 you guys can almost walk to the Convention Center, LOL

DirtyD Spring is only a quick trip down 1960.

Mongo as a Kingwood neighbor why have you not gotten your tickets yet??

Pappy you and AaronP220 could hook up for the drive from the 290 area and pick up midnightyell as you pass 249.

Time to show your support.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    C-Cards work perfectly well. In fact I would prefer you use a credit card, it may entice you to buy more, LOL.

Cash is also good, gold coins might be a bit more problematic, but we might be able to work something out. However please leave your livestock at home, no horse trading please.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    9 days until the event, next Thursday evening.

Come one guys we need a group here.

Texas1911 You got any left over swag that we can toss out there to entice these guys to open their wallet a bit????

Top Bottom