• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Easy there. I was hoping I missed something you could point out. Otherwise I point out that some areas were not shown but do in fact exist.

<flippin back atcha :-*>

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    At the FNRA meeting tonight, I snagged a copy of the items that are available for auction, raffle or "bucket raffle" items. It's 3 pages long! WOW! There is some seriously cool stuff on the list!

To be involved, you need a ticket to the banquet on May 12. As the FNRA guys said tonight, "One $30 ticket gives you the same access to any of the auction, raffle or bucket items as any major contributor." I think the "bucket" items go like this: You purchase bucket tickets and there is a central bucket that they draw tickets from. It's either that or there's a separate bucket for each item. I'm still learning here so please forgive me.

All I can say is that the list of firearms of all description and related merchandise available at the dinner is mind blowing!

The dinner is at the Royal Purple Raceway (the big Drag Strip) on May 12, 2012. Tickets are available by calling any of the contact numbers below:

Friends of The NRA Contact Information (listed by permission)
    Carl Chaffin 936-258-3909
    David Rabke 281-620-4234
    Bob Cowan 281-421-1217
    Scott Clift 281-426-4206
    Dr. John Hurr 936-336-5011

Flash

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Just looked at the Gulf Coast FNRA online flyer and I'm impressed. By far the most information provided by those I've considered attending. Is there a 'Big Shooter' package available? What about table prices?

If your event is like the Diboll one, a slew of items are placed on tables, each one with it's own bucket in front for attendees to place their raffle tickets in for the per item drawing. The guns are cool to be sure, but I really wanted the FNRA banner that was available. Would have liked to donate it to the club I joined that has received great benefit from the FNRA.

I'd be interested in a copy of the raffel/aution items list.

Sounds like your doing a good job and having fun at it. You're certainly keeping us informed.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The FNRA raffle list is three single spaced pages! The seven guns in the raffle ticket bunch are listed below and the other dinner only items are mind blowing!

The list is fairly complete as far as items are concerned but the group is busy determining how each item is to be auctioned off. I called the chairman and he said it was OK to list the items available at the dinner. Can't supply the rough list but I can tell you what's on it...............

You must be present at the dinner to participate in these drawings/auctions. Tickets are $30, dinner is BBQ and then the fun starts!

You do NOT need to be present to win the 7 raffle guns listed below the dinner list.

The list includes a vast array of merchandise from do-rags to swords to pictures, lamps, knives, signs, sculptures, binoculars, Leupold scope, and BBQ pits. CHL classes, a Dove hunt............the list is extensive! There are pages of things!

Guns include:
    Colt Commander
    Ruger SR9c, LCP, LCR
    Remington 597
    Kimber Gold Match 2 1911
    Les Baer SS Premier 1911
    Charter Chic Lady (pink)
    S&W M&P 15, Governor (45/10), Bodyguard with laser
    KelTec LCP, Three new KelTec 22 mag PMR-30 pistols.....yup...three of them!
    Henry Golden Boy, Survival Rifle
    Beeman
    Daisy
    Marlin 1894 .44
    Mossberg 500 Chainsaw, 510 20 ga,
    TC Bone Collector .50 cal
    Heritage Rough Rider .22
    Savage Axis XP .308 scoped
    Taurus Protector .357
    M1 Garand (CMP)
    DPMS AR-15
    Bennelli Ultra Light 12 ga., NOVA 12 ga real tree
    Weatherby Vanguard .300 WBY Mag
    Remington AR-15
    Other guns have not arrived, yet so a few changes may occur between now and May 12.

The list is really hard to read and I'm concerned that I duplicated or omitted some guns. Please cut me some slack. The list is long! Any errors are my own and do not reflect on FNRA.

The items listed below are also included in the raffles but you do NOT need to be present to win these guns. Tickets may be purchased by contacting the members listed at the bottom of this post. Tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20.

AR-15 flattop in .223
    Kimber SS 1911 in .45 acp
    Mossberg camo 12 gauge with two barrels (turkey and rifled slug)
    Ruger Hawkeye rifle in 7mm/08
    Taurus 45/410 revolver. SS
    Marlin lever action 44 mag engraved for NRA
    Charter "Chic Lady" pink carry .38 revolver

ALL OF THESE GUNS AND OTHER ITEMS WILL HAVE A NEW HOME AFTER THE DINNER ON MAY 12, 2012. (ALL GUNS MUST BE PROPERLY TRANSFERRED BY AN FFL. They can also be shipped to YOUR FFL)

The Baytown FNRA is known for having a LOT of guns available at their dinners. They really went overboard on this one!

All funds go to "Friends of The NRA."

Raffle tickets are $5 or 5 for $20.
    Dinner tickets are $30. Tickets may be purchased by contacting any of the FNRA officers listed below:

Friends of The NRA Contact Information (listed by permission)
    Carl Chaffin 936-258-3909
    David Rabke 281-620-4234
    Bob Cowan 281-421-1217
    Scott Clift 281-426-4206
    Dr. John Hurr 936-336-5011

Thanks, guys! Go to the dinner and git you sum guns! If you can't do that, get some raffle tickets and git you sum guns that way! Someone is going to win!

Flash

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston

If your event is like the Diboll one, a slew of items are placed on tables, each one with it's own bucket in front for attendees to place their raffle tickets in for the per item drawing. The guns are cool to be sure, but I really wanted the FNRA banner that was available. Would have liked to donate it to the club I joined that has received great benefit from the FNRA.

That sounds right and I appreciate your input! There is a live auction and a silent auction and some other exciting ways to sell the guns but I'm still learning here and I'll share that when I get it figured out.

How about that gun auction list? Awesome, huh?

Flash

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Some of the guys from other FNRA locations attended the San Jacinto FNRA (Conroe) dinner last Thursday, looking at what things went well and what things could use improvement. There's a lot of effort put into making sure that the attendees have a great time.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    How about that gun auction list? Awesome, huh?
    Yes, awesome. My memory is not the greatest but a good chunk of your list is what I recall from Diboll. That makes sense because most if not all are are selected by FNRA.

Do you know if the Benelli Ultra Light is NRA branded and numbered? I really should have bought the one at Diboll but now I'm more familiar with it and a little more willing to bid depending on how high the fat cats go.

I didn't make it to the Conroe event because I wasn't feeling well. About 5 of my friends did and combined with their friends, had 2 tables with 12 people. 9 of them won at least 1 gun. IIRC, 1 of them won 2 or 3.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    That horse pic is a hoot!

I wrote everything I could find about the shotgun but rechecked my list for anything else. I found nothing further.

Just a word about FNRA. The foundation is non profit and works primarily in firearms education, safety, range development and other non political activities. FNRA cannot keep its tax exempt status if it gets into politics. I checked with the group and expressed my personal view about what we do, They approved my "take" and suggested that I post it. It helped me understand the role of FNRA and why we do what we do. I hope it will help you, too.

FNRA serves our communities by funding the above referenced educational, safety and range development and many worthwhile firearms related programs. Those are things that need to be done to provide safe shooting, hunting and safety education for present shooters and future generations.

There's a side benefit from FNRA support. By shouldering the burden of these activities, FNRA can free up NRA resources so they can attend to "other" non educational pursuits more effectively. Those "other" activities are very important to me personally, to our shooter community as a whole and I'm proud to participate in that effort, too.

Flash

NRAFieldRep

NRA Field Rep
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    South Texas
    Yes....there is a brand new committee, their event will go live on our website this week. The event will be June 15th at the Rosenberg Civic Center.

NRAFieldRep

NRA Field Rep
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    South Texas
    RE: 3 groups in Houston - yes. Houston is so spreadout and with so many NRA members and gun owners, collectors, shooters, etc we have the density to have more than one. In fact we are already working on one for NW side (290/Waller/Tomball area).

RE: the Conroe event - it was awesome!! Great time for a small but growing committee. We almost always have at least 2-3, sometimes more other FNRA committees represented. The committees in South Texas are extremely supportive of each other and the program. They understand that at the end of the day it all goes to worthwhile programs at the national leveal and grants right here in South Texas.

RE: What we represnt, non-profit status, etc. You are right on target. At the Conroe event I showed a video of Charleton Heston - he says it way better than I ever could - and he talks about the Next Generation. If you get a chance come see it at an event or YouTube it.....we have to creat a Legacy and the Friends program does that.

If you have any questions about the Friends Program feel free to contact me directly 936-273-6397 or lfoley@nrahq.org. If you are in North or West Texas, the Rep's info for those areas is on our website www.friendofnra.org.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The next Baytown FNRA meeting will be at Tortuga's restaurant located in the San Jacinto mall complex at 6pm on Tuesday, 4-24-2012. The plans are coming together for our dinner event on May 12.

Feel free to attend! The folks are friendly, atmosphere is very informal, agenda is fast paced and to the point and you may come earlier to eat, eat during the meeting or eat at home before the meeting like I do.

Hope to see you there!

Flash

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    There is a change in the next Baytown FNRA meeting. We couldn't snag the room at Tortuga's for Tuesday, this week so we are going to meet MONDAY (today) at Tortuga's at 6pm.

Come on down! The folks are nice and it will be good to see you!

Flash

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The next meeting of Baytown FNRA is scheduled for Tuesday 5-8-2012 at Tortuga's 6 pm. This will be a very important meeting as we'll make final preparations for the big Dinner on 5-12-2012 at the Royal Purple Race Track north of Baytown on Highway 565 south.

Everyone is welcome to attend and we'd love to have your help!

As always, you can arrive early (5 ish) to eat dinner at Tortuga's, eat and home and catch the meeting at 6pm or eat during the meeting.

Hope we see you there!

Flash

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    You're nothing if not persistant Roger, good to see.
    Mom's b-day and several other things that weekend will keep me from making the Baytown event. Hope it all goes well.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I now have information for obtaining tickets to FNRA events online............

FNRA website is
    Friends of NRA - NRA Foundation

When you get to the web page, click on "find an event"
    Click on the TX section of the US map
    Click on the event that you want to attend
    You will get event details and can also order tickets

Flash

Top Bottom