• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    Due to HIPPA laws there is going limited info in this post.

The VA (at least a couple of facilities) is still pulling bullshit and not treating their patients! For the love of God I wish I could relay what happened, but all I can say is the patient finally got the care they needed.

All of this while there is a huge spotlight on them. F'ing amazing.
    DK Firearms

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    firing that ass hat who was in charge of the VA will NOT fix anything.

The VA is full of government bureaucrats and the problems are woven throughout the organization

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    A National disgrace that vets are being victimized by the bureaucratic morass the VA has become in some facilities.

Can't speak for anyone but myself, but so far my experience of 41 years of VA healthcare in the Houston facility (starting in 1973 when most of it was still administered in WWII era, barracks style buildings) has thankfully not mirrored what is going on today in other parts of the country. There have been some speed bumps in the past, and getting past the palace guard is what you would expect in any bureaucracy, but where the rubber meets the road when it comes to medical procedures, and access to tests and doctors, I've had worse experiences during a few rare visits to mainstream facilities.

Looking forward, I'm thinking that much of what is going on today in the VA can be laid directly at the feet of the, needless IMO, unionization of government employees, mirroring almost exactly the same circumstances with substandard results in our public education system.

The question then becomes how the hell do you correct that?

Perfectly willing to be corrected if I'm missing something....

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    When a vet is discharged with a disability, they should receive good, fully funded medical insurance from a private company for the duration of that disability, lifetime if needed. F' the VA as a long term solution, they have proven they can't handle it. This will let the veteran choose their physician and live their life like the rest of us do and not have to deal with that bureaucracy. No having to live near a VA facility, just go to your local doctor or hospital and get good solid care like other Americans do with their insurance plans.

Down side, it might cost more to the taxpayers, but who deserves that care more than them? Up side is it would allow the shrinkage of the VA system to a more manageable and efficient level. Maybe that will make the lawmakers think a bit harder before putting American service members in harms way.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    So the government run VA is being looked at by the government and the government controlled media is reporting it. ObamaCare will work just fine.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Last year, I took an old veteran to a doctor's appointment at one of the new VA "Outreach" clinics. He and I sat there for over an hour and his name was never called. I walked up to the receptionist and asked why he had not yet been seen.

She looked him up in her computer, then said his appointment was good, but the doctor was not in. Instead, the veteran was seen by a Nurse an hour later who prescribed him some medications. Problem was, the clinic had no pharmacy. So, we had to drive to the other side of town to the main VA facility.

I called Congressman Lamar Smith's office that same day and complained of the poor service.

The Congressman's representative said that nothing could be done unless the patient made the complaint!

They are all in on the fix.

Ignore the problem and hope it goes away.

Mark my words, in 14 days time, this travesty will have fully blown over.

Ignore our Veterans.

Ignore the repeal of "Don't Ask Don't Tell."

Ignore "Fast and Furious."

Ignore "Benghazi."

Ignore "IRS targeting of the Tea Party."

Ignore "NSA snooping."

Ignore "Illegal Immigration."

Ignore the "Militarization of Police."

Damned right, Patriots are stocking up on guns, ammo, food, water, and medical supplies.

Our Representative Republic is disintegrating before our very eyes.

Stay alert and be prepared to defend your homes, neighborhoods, and loved ones!

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Nothing new. And not just the VA.

I checked in for an overnight, non-emergency stay at a nominally active duty facility last week. The room's attached bath was broken. Broken as in "all the fixtures on the floor, shower replaced with a six foot piece of garden hose, constantly draining irregular amounts of water onto the floor drain as the building's water pressure changed." Loud, gurgling, constantly flowing water out of the garden hose into the drain. In a hospital room.

I pointed this out to the nurse, who told me it was "no problem" and was angry that I dared to complain. Angry. That I complained.

And this was in an "active duty" facility.

How bad...are the VA facilities?

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    Allow me to further add....
    If we have a VA patient show up at our hospital and their condition warrants being admitted we will call the VA to see about bed availability. If they have beds they will accept the patient, HOWEVER....many times they will say the patients "coverage" (?) doesn't cover ambulance transfers so the patient will have to PAY OUT OF POCKET for the ambulance ride to the VA facility (approx 50 -100 miles away).

Utter F'ing Bullshit.

Eddie Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Amarillo
    Montel Williams was on Neil Cavuto last week to discuss what he'd do to get the VA out of the stupid it's stuck in. Here is another clip of Montel from another recent appearance on Neil's show. My dad is one of those stuck in limbo with the VA over significant hearing loss caused by his service on the USS Enterprise.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    The way they play the game in Houston is to give you a timely appointment then call the next day and say the doctor had canceled the appointment. Then you get a date months late. I'm almost a year from a 30 check for a new med. People that think the Houston gives good SVC. Have never had insurance.

profound thinking about stuff

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    If they can not see to the care of our soldiers, how could they possibly expect to take care of the rest of us?

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Not surpriseing. Although my medical records were quite thick, they lost them several times. On purpose i think.

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Lol, wait till they check that 'box' at a C&P interveiw, saying youre incompetent to manage money.

You get put on the no-fly list. Forget about walking into a fun shop and buying new. GO! Brady Bill. Fu$k you very much for serving your county.

Sent from my iPhone using NSA spyware

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    When veterans stand together, you get to meet good folks like these cards show. Tippy Top and her personal goon. I only say that cuz Id hate for the guy to swing on me. He had no neck, but super kewl.

Handed directly to me as well as a group of others.
    eburu3ub.jpg

Im not the vet for whom to be rude to. The VA is a fist fight. Never stop swinging. Fu@k that noise.

Sent from my iPhone using NSA spyware
    qupugasy.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom