• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo Ann

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    DeSoto, Dallas County, TX
    My Daddy is buried at the DFW National Cemetery and I'll say what ever I CHOOSE to say when I take my 81 year old Mother, his wife of 55 years. to honor his memory. I'm so sick of this Anti-American crap thrown at us from every direction. What he and those countless young men fought against in WW2 has now tentacled itself on our Homeland.
    NAZISM IS WHAT IT IS, UNADULTERATED NAZISM.
    I am thankful that he was spared from seeing the state of our Nation under the current Administration- I am certain that he would have considered it more painful than the cancer that took him.

Texas Lawmaker Calls for Congressional Probe Into Ban of Christian Prayers at Military Funerals - FoxNews.com
    Texas SOT

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Political correctness has swept the Pentagon like the Ebola virus, leaving few standing in its wake. Retention rates--especially in the Navy--are dropping steadily, and if they don't get over this political correctness thing the armed forces are in deep doo doo....IMO.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Now that's a bunch of bullshit. Why the hell would they ban Christian prayers at funerals? Someone should punch the bastard that proposed this. Like AA said, they can't stop anyone from practicing their religion at a funeral.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    What's worse is, at some point, this country changed from freedom by default to illegal by default, unless we can clearly justify a reason they will accept for something to be legal. It seems as every day goes by, yet more random things are made illegal for no other reason than to further restrict us and screw with our lives. I remember in the past few months the FDA ruled it was illegal for aloe vera to be prescribed by doctors. It's a friggin' natural plant! I've used it myself on burns and poison ivy spots and it's worked great, but for some reason someone had nothing better to do and decided to ban more stuff for the fun of it. My freedom requires no justification, simple as that.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    What's worse is, at some point, this country changed from freedom by default to illegal by default, unless we can clearly justify a reason they will accept for something to be legal. It seems as every day goes by, yet more random things are made illegal for no other reason than to further restrict us and screw with our lives. I remember in the past few months the FDA ruled it was illegal for aloe vera to be prescribed by doctors. It's a friggin' natural plant! I've used it myself on burns and poison ivy spots and it's worked great, but for some reason someone had nothing better to do and decided to ban more stuff for the fun of it. My freedom requires no justification, simple as that.

Bravo, well said! I'd add that with tens of thousands of federal laws and thousands more regulations on the books, almost a third written vaguely and requiring no criminal intent in order to prosecute, then one can see how easy it is to run afoul of just the federal government. What isn't against the law? I hear you too about the aloe vera. Heck, if someone wants to purchase sunscreen from Canada, say, that contains mexoryl in it (the main ingredient that protects against UVA and UVB) and has been approved for sale and in use in Europe for almost 15 years yet our own illustrious FDA is still vetting out (we're going to kill you to save you mentality), then to purchase that simple bottle of sunscreen means breaking two federal laws. When buying sunscreen is a federal offense, then you know how bad things really are in America.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Bravo, well said! I'd add that with tens of thousands of federal laws and thousands more regulations on the books, almost a third written vaguely and requiring no criminal intent in order to prosecute, then one can see how easy it is to run afoul of just the federal government. What isn't against the law? I hear you too about the aloe vera. Heck, if someone wants to purchase sunscreen from Canada, say, that contains mexoryl in it (the main ingredient that protects against UVA and UVB) and has been approved for sale and in use in Europe for almost 15 years yet our own illustrious FDA is still vetting out (we're going to kill you to save you mentality), then to purchase that simple bottle of sunscreen means breaking two federal laws. When buying sunscreen is a federal offense, then you know how bad things really are in America.

I remember coming across a list of ridiculous laws a few years ago. One of the things in it was quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. It spelled out just how numerous our laws are. It was in relation to the importation of bananas, and there were something like over 12 THOUSAND regulations! Over frickin' bananas. Yeah we're screwed.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I wonder what the regulators of the cemetery would do if folks just refused to comply. The US is known for people who said "F---you, I'm not going to do that!" I'd have prayers and if folks don't like them, they could blow it out their asx! If the complainers disrupted the service, they could stumble and fall over a tombstone.

In fact, most of our "Spostas and Gottas" here aren't worth the powder it would take to blow them to Hell. In my will, I specified that I be cremated and my ashes dumped in the nearest body of water. I said I didn't care if the water had a porcelain bowl wrapped around it, either. I wanted my survivors to obtain no permits or permission to do that. Just go out and sprinkle me and to Hell with the regulations. HA! It's my last act of defiance!

Flash

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    The person that came up with this no God or Jesus at the National Cemetery is a woman who is now under fire, most likely to be kicked in the butt and out of office by highly concerned folks. The sooner the better for that athiest ginch and the time is coming for obastard and his toadies !

If you folks don't ever do anything else, be dang sure you are registered to vote in the 2012 election and put your boot with millions more to the Anti God, pro
    anything if it feels good, enemy kissing and loving swine, girly boys, and other crooks and Nation wreckers like we presently now are stuck with ! We need a strong person in charge that will take names and kick rears ! I don't have any recommendations, am looking at all of the conservatives.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I remember coming across a list of ridiculous laws a few years ago. One of the things in it was quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. It spelled out just how numerous our laws are. It was in relation to the importation of bananas, and there were something like over 12 THOUSAND regulations! Over frickin' bananas. Yeah we're screwed.

This web page gives a nice visual example of laws and regulations, nowadays versus yesteryear....

How Excessive are Federal Laws in the United States?

And what really burns my ass is when some smug Congressman, Senator, other government bureaucrat, or federal officer says, "Ignorance of the law is no excuse!"

Yah?
    nofu.gif

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    And what really burns my ass is when some smug Congressman, Senator, other government bureaucrat, or federal officer says, "Ignorance of the law is no excuse!"

If you'd stop screwing around here, whining like you're from some kinda nanny state and learn how those statesman have saved you from ....

I guess some people think when they get a little power, a little more would be better. And your example was Fed only. Still gotta pile on state and local. You got some readin' to do my friend.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The Government can make no law supporting the establishment of Church, or prohibit the free exercise thereof ... ergo, they can't encourage or prohibit them from practicing their religion. However, if the family does not support your religion it is not only distasteful, but insulting to interject your wishes at a time like a funeral.

Frankly, it should come down to the wishes of the family and they should abide by that.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I guess some people think when they get a little power, a little more would be better. And your example was Fed only. Still gotta pile on state and local. You got some readin' to do my friend.

Tell me about it. Out here in Kalifornistan it's practically illegal to blink your eyes in an up and down motion. The laws and regulations are overwhelming....and the colonialists in the late 1700s thought they had it bad.....

Top Bottom