Wearing is required by the sheeple .... HOW you wear it is NOT
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Guns International

JohnSo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2020
    Corpus Christi, Tx
    Just because a person wears a mask, doesn't necessarily make them a "sheeple". Some people like my wife, and others have legitimate needs and reasons for wearing a mask.

You really shouldn't paint with such a broad brush.
    That's a fact, I think it's a personal decision...the sheeple I was referring to were the Karen's who scream at others for making the choice to not wear them. Perhaps I was too broad in my assertion...no disrespect meant. Applause to those that choose to wear them for personal reasons, however, that doesn't mean we all should be forced to wear them as well.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    That's a fact, I think it's a personal decision...the sheeple I was referring to were the Karen's who scream at others for making the choice to not wear them. Perhaps I was too broad in my assertion...no disrespect meant. Applause to those that choose to wear them for personal reasons, however, that doesn't mean we all should be forced to wear them as well.

Then maybe you should clarify your replies a bit better in the future so there isn't any misunderstanding. Trust me, my wife is no "sheeple" and I know why she cares to wear a mask.

And frankly, I couldn't care in the least why other people wear a mask. None of my business. But making generalized comments, is foolish and serves no purpose for anyone.

Just an observation and some free advice.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Then maybe you should clarify your replies a bit better in the future so there isn't any misunderstanding. Trust me, my wife is no "sheeple" and I know why she cares to wear a mask.

And frankly, I couldn't care in the least why other people wear a mask. None of my business. But making generalized comments, is foolish and serves no purpose for anyone.

Just an observation and some free advice.
    Here's some free advice.
    3qzg9h.jpg

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    If me speaking up and speaking my mind and asserting an opinion on someone's post is a problem, I'd sure like to know.
    Going out on a limb here.... But - In your first post/reply stated your position. JohnSo agreed with you and backed off and tried to explain his position another way. Then you hammered him again. Dude... you gotta start realizing when you've won the argument/debate/disagreement.

The biggest problem I see is you have this neat ability to take a general statement and try to wrap it around a specific set of conditions that apply only to you. That rarely turns out well.

ETA: I only posted this because of your last comment "...I'd like to know." Not trying to beat you up verbally or anything else.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Trey, I stand by what I replied to him in that post, and meant every word. I'll make no apologies for what I posted. If that offends some people, then so be it.
    I'm not offended, so no worries here. It appears that you were though. Just brush it off, no need to scare off the new members. We are all here for one shared purpose. We don't have to agree on everything and we won't, that doesn't mean we have to attack each other over something so peddy as a mask. He was obviously making a joke with the sheeple comment. Funny or not sometimes it's best to move on. I generally like your comments, so don't take it personal. I'm guilty of overreactions also.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Going out on a limb here.... But - In your first post/reply stated your position. JohnSo agreed with you and backed off and tried to explain his position another way. Then you hammered him again. Dude... you gotta start realizing when you've won the argument/debate/disagreement.

The biggest problem I see is you have this neat ability to take a general statement and try to wrap it around a specific set of conditions that apply only to you. That rarely turns out well.

Glad to hear that. I'll refrain from entering such discussions in the future. There were no specific set of conditions in the least. I merely was expanding on why explaining a person's opinions mattered and why. They can be misunderstood very easily.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    If me speaking up and speaking my mind and asserting an opinion on someone's post is a problem, I'd sure like to know.
    I know Cherokee has you all riled up, but why you taking it out on us?

In all seriousness, the guy was making a smart ass comment, no need to take it personally. We all shoot from the hip and step on someone's feelers once in a while.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I'm not offended, so no worries here. It appears that you were though. Just brush it off, no need to scare off the new members. We are all here for one shared purpose. We don't have to agree on everything and we won't, that doesn't mean we have to attack each other over something so peddy as a mask. He was obviously making a joke with the sheeple comment. Funny or not sometimes it's best to move on. I generally like your comments, so don't take it personal. I'm guilty of overreactions also.

Trey, please just think about that for a moment. If a new member can't handle a discussion, and maybe being challenged in that discussion, and it "scares" them off, what does that say about that person?

But so that I don't scare off any of the noobs from now on, I'll just stick with the cooking and music threads from now on.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Trey, please just think about that for a moment. If a new member can't handle a discussion, and maybe being challenged in that discussion, and it "scares" them off, what does that say about that person?

But so that I don't scare off any of the noobs from now on, I'll just stick with the cooking and music threads from now on.
    It doesn't say anything unless you personally know him. I say stuff on here and get challenged occasionally, sometimes I engage sometimes I leave it alone. People can think what they want about me and I don't think twice about it, but I don't make assumptions about someone's character over a couple of sentences on a forum. Except hillbilly and the one dipshit who started the 5.56 thread. Okay so maybe I do. Want me to apologize for my hypocrisy?

Top Bottom