Texas SOT

Found cat in San Antonio. Orange/white for sure its a house pet...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I know this isn't gun related but this could possibly help get some mom or child their pet back and i don't think there is anyone here who wouldn't want to see that happen.

Found this thing in scared to death in the middle of a very busy intersection. I pulled over and walked right up to it and it started doing the purr high step around my legs... right in the middle of death.

so i took brought it home and then went and bought cat stuff to hopefully find the owner.

Im leaving out of town for 2 weeks friday and all the animal shelters are Full. I tried making a "Donation" at one in order for them to take it in so hopefully the owners can find it but they didn't understand what i was expecting from the "donation"....

so i have it on Craigslist but have no idea where else to put it. I took it to my vet and they scanned it and surprise surprise... no chip. and of course it doesn't have a collar.

Im allergic to cats, my fiancee's allergic to cats, i really don't like cats, but im not going to let it die.

My dogs are freaking out because they want to inspect it but i have it in our guest room.

Very nice, very cute... super calm and it doesn't have that "Eff you, i don't care if you want to pet me... i will let you know when I want to be pet" attitude most cats have....

any ideas?

2co3fkg.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    mmmmm roof rabbit. if no claims by the time you have to leave, make stew!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Thanks, Robin....we enjoy cats - we tend to each have our "own" (as much as you can "own" any cat<G>). Better half has a cute Calico - but it's pretty much a typical Calico - pretty aloof. Ours tend to live pretty long - the ones before the Calico lived to 15 and 17 years respectively. The oldest was my buddy - Hayworth had his own chair here in my office, and loved to sit on my desk and force me to pet him to be able to reach my paperwork. If the wife came in and sat down, he'd whip in and give her the dickens 'til she got outta his chair!

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    I know what you mean TR. Cats are something else. That silly cat that I have now is the funniest cat I ever had. Doesn’t meow and don’t like really like to be petted and only likes Meow Mix. I’m a gardener and when I’m tending to the garden she is no more than 5’ around me like she is on point. This cat has brought to me twice a week everything from mice to rabbits. She can’t get the rabbits through the kitty cat door but everything else is laid out for me by my bed when I wake up. I have woke up with feathers everywhere.

What a refreshing thread. Here is a bunch of gun nuts that has pooled together for the concern of a man that rescued a cat. You can always judge a man how he treats animals. You guys are tops in my book.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Gotta tell ya'll...this guy's a winner. Got him home, kept him in my office for a while. Didn't take him long to crawl up on the desk, an' a bit later into my lap. Been sittin' watching tv for a while - he jumped up, flipped over on his back and settled in for a nice nap. This is one of those rare cats that craves human contact!

Thanks again, Bulldog! It was good meetin' you today, hope to see ya again!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Well....."Kaiser" has made himself right at home! Watching TV last night, he walked up an' jumped into my lap for pets, then curled up and took a nap. He woke us up this morning by using our toes under the blankets as "chase toys", and then went and curled up in my Lazy-Boy for a short nap.
    Now he's in my office, playing with a hanging toy I tied up for him for a bit, then taking a break, then playing a bit more.
    His appetite is excellent - he ate a bowl full last night, some more overnight, and polished off a half-bowl this morning.....I think he's gonna be just fine here!

Ric_Knight

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    San Marcos
    All of you are cool in my book. One rescues a cat despite allergies, another provides a home. Can't get better then that.

Being a cat person myself I wanted to speak up and provide a home, but I am one cat over the limit as it is. From the picture it looks like you have a Ragdoll or Main Coon, at least a mix of one of those two. You should notice that this cat enjoys and seeks attention from their human companions and like sitting in laps. We have a two cats that look like this one, one that we know is a Norwegian Forrest Cat and another that is either a Norwegian or a Main Coon. The one that may be a Main Coon loves sitting in laps. I am betting that this one is going to make a great companion. Congrats and good look.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I took a stray cat in one time.
    I lived in Ozona and it was the day before chritsmas. I was wrapping presents and heard it outside. Looked out the door and saw a little white kitten. I let it in the house and a few hours later the damn thing done torn open all the gifts. When I threw that cat out in the front yard, I saw the old man down the street laughing!
    I asked him what was so funny? He said his wife threw that damn cat out of his house too!
    Im not much of a cat person myself. I like dogs mostly.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    what the.....

cats have breeds? i always jsut thought there were orange cats and brown cats etc.

as teh french say "La nuit tous les chats sont gris"

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Found a Kitten years ago. Took it to the vet and he said he would put it down for free however after my wife spent weeks hand feeding and medicating, the kitten surprised us all and recovered to become a good friend. Went missing once when it fell out of a 2nd story window (gone for 2 weeks) and once when he got out and ended up in a hole in the foundation ( missing for 3 days ). Traveled with us on every posting for 14 years. Died while I was in Bosnia (as did my sister). Cat loved me and tolerated the girls (really pissed off the wife who nursed it to health only to have it choose me as favorite). When I was gone it would bunk in with the youngest (tomboy of the family). Terorized my mother in law whenever she visited (not a cat person). Had black body and 4 white paws, so was called Boots. Cried more when I heard the cat died than when told about my sister. I miss them both.

Very big thanks for stopping and helping an animal in distress and then finding someone to care and enjoy the companionship of a very nice looking pet. Christmas miracle? or just an nice happy ending story.

Ric_Knight

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    San Marcos
    what the.....

cats have breeds? i always jsut thought there were orange cats and brown cats etc.

as teh french say "La nuit tous les chats sont gris"

Caught me completely by surprise too, but there are actually different breeds of cats. We have a Tabby, a Norwegian Forrest Cat and one that is either a Norwegian or a Main Coon. I suspect that the cat in question here is either a Main or a Ragdoll

Top Bottom