APOD Firearms

Former West Point football player dies in accidental shooting at Connecticut home

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Sad story :banghead: ... but actually a little more chlorine for the gene pool.

Dixon died shortly after 7 p.m. Thursday when he accidentally shot himself in the head with his .45 caliber semi-automatic pistol, according to local reports. Dixon was showing his gun to two friends at an apartment in Stamford at the time of the incident. He had removed the magazine from the pistol and, thinking it was empty, tried to show the gun was safe by pointing it toward his head and pulling the trigger, the newspaper reported. One round was hidden in the gun's chamber.

:banghead:

Former West Point football player dies in accidental shooting at Connecticut home | Fox News
    Venture Surplus ad

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Even knowing the chamber was empty wtf are you pointing a gun at your head to show your friends that its not loaded? Was that supposed to look cool?

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I get no pleasure out of hearing that someone died. That being said, sometimes nature rids society of mentally flawed people in a natural selection process. We refer to these guys a "Darwin Candidates".

This guy went to West Point? The teenager next door has more sense than that.

He took a round from a .45 in the head. I supposed this is another one that the media reports "died later in the hospital." In this society, death occurs when they are declared dead even though major parts like the brain, are missing.

Then, of course, we have the "hidden" bullet. This situation was a "PC" paradise.

Flash

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Moron, I check my chamber twice before dry firing and if more than a minute or so passes between checking and dry firing or i set it down for aome reason I check it again. I couldn't imagine pointing one at my self for any reason.

Moron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom