• ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    And I found that it was good anyway.

Day kinda got out of hand and we hadn't planned what to make. Staring at a bunch of pork loins, a beef roast, and some ribs, with a pound and a half of ground beef also needing cooked, I decided to make "chili" for dinner. Appeased the wife and kiddo. I didn't have my usual ingredients, so the only fresh stuff going in were some onions and the beef - everything else was out of a jar or can.

We're running low on staple stocks it seems - I had diced tomatos, crushed tomatos, and tomato sauce, but no tomato paste. I ususally put tomato paste in for thickening and a little extra tomato taste beyond the diced tomatos, but alas, no joy. So I grabbed a can of black refried beans and used it - and damned it works well to thicken the sauce up a bit. Its the beaniest chili I've ever made (yes, doubly sinning for the non-bean lovers, but my wife must have beans in her chili so happy wife, happy life...)

its not my best pot ever, but its far from my worst. I like fresh peppers for my vegetable base and flavor, but had to resort to various powdered and dried spices this time. I'm also somehow out of beef and chicken broth, so wound up using water instead to deglaze the pot. I'm jokingly calling this batch "spicy bean soup" - its still chili, better than anything in a can, but far from my best stuff. Not going to win any competitions either, given the beans.

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    I feel kinda bad for the people at Planet Fitness later tonight, because no doubt I'll be a crop dustin' mofo.
    :roflsmile:

giphy.gif

Let ‘em have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Update: I gassed the shit out of an old lady on the treadmills last night. I had no idea, but she came up and took the treadmill behind me. I was farting like a damned cow the entire time. Wife said the old lady was mortified. I guess she learned a lesson last night - when there's plenty of open machines - don't take the machine behind the hairy fat man!

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I say eat what you want and how you want to make it.

Add beans, macaroni, asparagus, spinach, grass trimmings, whatever, food nazi's can have a conniption fit if they don't like it!

Me, I like to cook up a big old cauldron of stew with entire hog heads floatin in it...and sometimes just to make it more festive, I place an apple in their jowls.

I have many good cooking tips!

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    It took me a while to come around to beans in chili, and I like it.

I read somewhere that chili was supposed to have some origins as a cowboy staple on cattle drives and such. If that’s the case, you’d think cheap beans, that traveled well dry, would have been an important part to add for protein and such.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    V.John
    Top Bottom