• subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    Peli Peli | South African Fusion | Houston, Texas

Just north of Willowbrook on 249....I understand that they are opening or have opened another place in the Galleria.

I started going there when they first opened and ate a LOT of half off food via Groupon.....they are a bit pricey, but the food is AMAZING.

I haven't been in a couple of years due to working out of the country, but from what I've seen on FB, they are incredibly popular now.....might want to consider reservations.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Al-Tees just off of I-10 in Winnie is unique! They have Cajin/Louisiana type food.

Happy Budda on 61st in Galveston will FILL you up!

Flash

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Been to a few excellent places recently. All are good value, and there is no shortage of food.

- Burns' BBQ near Veterans Memorial/45 exit
    - Railroad Crossing at Hempstead and Gessner, just off 290
    - Carriage House Cafe off of Fallbrook, near the 249/Beltway interchange

I like The Potato Patch, but I didn't really think it was in Spring, as it is off of 1960?

The Mercedes dealer at the corner of 45 and 1960 has a Spring address.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Yeah, it's about 3/4 mile outside city limits in an unincorporated area. Closer to Spring than anything else with a commonly known name.
    Addresses, specifically city names, usually depend on the software used to address a label. In most cases these days, when someone is putting an address into a database, they type in the zip code and the city field autopopulates. Most data entry people pay no attention to what gets filled in.

I theoretically live in Spring but I've also gotten mail addressed to me in "Klein, TX" and "The Woodlands, TX" and "Woodlands, TX".

Anybody tried Ginos East | Chicago Deep Dish Pizza in the Woodlands yet??

If so is it good???
    I saw that the other day. Would love it if someone could report on it. If no one does, I may have to take one for the team. It's not like I haven't done it before. :)

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Addresses, specifically city names, usually depend on the software used to address a label. In most cases these days, when someone is putting an address into a database, they type in the zip code and the city field autopopulates. Most data entry people pay no attention to what gets filled in.

I theoretically live in Spring but I've also gotten mail addressed to me in "Klein, TX" and "The Woodlands, TX" and "Woodlands, TX".

I saw that the other day. Would love it if someone could report on it. If no one does, I may have to take one for the team. It's not like I haven't done it before. :)

I had not seen this before.
    Sure not Pizza Hut, can get two large meat lovers (on sale) for less than the price of their small, lol....

Sounds good though.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Well got a report on Ginos from a friend. Said it was good, but not as good as the ones from them in Chicago, but better than most here in Houston. However he did mention that it might take them a little time to get it just right. He placed it in his top 5 places to eat pizza in this area, said the service was good.

Other place he likes for deep dish is Chicago Pizza in the Heights, or order it online from Lou Malnatis in Chicago and have it shipped. Ship Lou Malnati's, Chicago's Best Deep Dish Pizza | Tastes of Chicago Says even though it is frozen, shipped to you in dry ice, reheated in your oven it is still better than all other delivered pizzas he has found.

Michael000

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2015
    Spring, TX
    Utter blasphemy to see places like Katz's and Jason's Deli listed as sandwich places to actually plan to eat at :spank:. If you're ever in the Galleria area and are in the mood for a real sandwich go to Kenny and Ziggy's off of Post Oak. Been there many many times and have seen other people eat alot of delicious looking sandwiches but personally i've only ever had "The one and only reuben" in prob 20+ trips as that is my favorite type of sandwich. Admittedly it's an expensive sandwich $18.95 but it's also about 10"x5" (served NY style and open) and the meat is stacked about 3.5" high. Best sandwich i've ever had hands down. Also the potato salad is prob the best i've ever had as well and you get some as a choice of side w/ your sandwich.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I've heard good things about Ginos, haven't tried it. I've eaten twice at Ruggles Green in the Woodlands, and it's obvious they are nowhere close to as good as the ones in Houston. Girlfriend and I ate here twice and liked it:

Welcome to RC's Pizza Website!

Frankly, the place I was resistant to try, but my girlfriend kept raving about, now I love:

http://www.opentable.com/bazille-nordstrom-the-woodlands

Freaking incredible food and service. I know it being in the mall might scare some off. But it's literally just inside the Nordstroms entrance. You don't even have to go into the "real mall", you just walk right in. I have been there approx 10 times in the last 3 weeks, that's how good it is. Mixed drinks are incredible if you like that sortof thing. Food is really bad ass, I've tried pretty much 3/4 of the menu by now. Never disappointed.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Frankly, the place I was resistant to try, but my girlfriend kept raving about, now I love:

http://www.opentable.com/bazille-nordstrom-the-woodlands

Freaking incredible food and service. I know it being in the mall might scare some off. But it's literally just inside the Nordstroms entrance. You don't even have to go into the "real mall", you just walk right in. I have been there approx 10 times in the last 3 weeks, that's how good it is. Mixed drinks are incredible if you like that sortof thing. Food is really bad ass, I've tried pretty much 3/4 of the menu by now. Never disappointed.

So, is it pretty foo foo, or is it down to Earth?

Michael000

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2015
    Spring, TX
    Had Jason's Deli for the first time and it was good. My only gripe was paying $7 for a $4 sandwich.

To clear any misunderstanding, i wasn't saying they were bad. In fact in my early 20s i worked at a place that had a Jason's Deli next door and i ate there A LOT and enjoyed the sandwiches and soup. That being said though Jason's Deli isn't a restaurant i'd ever say "you've got to eat there, it's fantastic". To me there are 2 kinds of restaurants:

1) Restaurants that likely have 1 maybe 2 locations in city or even region and are places you plan for cause they're either expensive or clear across town but they're absolutely worth it cause the food is that damn good.

2) Franchise restaurants that you go to because they're pretty good/affordable/close by. Jason's Deli is the very definition of this, although personally if im looking for a franchise sandwich joint now i go w/ Firehouse Subs

I could give lists and lists of places i've ate that i enjoyed the food in and around Houston but figured id just go w/ a #1 type restaurant for the sake of this thread.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom