• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Email LTT and see if they'll work on a PX4 in .45?

Would be much better than sending your gun back to FN every 2k rounds or having grip frames made of rubber
    not really my cup of tea
    1911 Colt, stainless. 'Nuff said
    looking for a little more capacity. I am getting back into 1911s though, just picked up a MKIV that I'm either restoring or going all out on
    1691425579335.png
    1691425618357.png

I have a Glock 21 and love it. It’s a big gun. But it eats any kind of crap ammo I put in it. It’s completely stock, and I can’t imagine I’d be any happier with it tricked out.

Couldn’t give you an accurate round count? But it has never choked on a single round.

My vote is for the 21. And for you to shoot it a bunch before considering any upgrades.
    I'm leaning that way. Posssssibly the 41.
    Texas SOT

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    not really my cup of tea

looking for a little more capacity. I am getting back into 1911s though, just picked up a MKIV that I'm either restoring or going all out on
    View attachment 399944 View attachment 399945

I'm leaning that way. Posssssibly the 41.

Even in stock form, a Beretta px4 has easily the best trigger of any of the DA/SA polymer .45's out there.

Maybe see if you can find a CZ 97B?

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    if all my listed guns sell, that might be the way to go. and then some.

I can't leave a mechanical pencil alone lol.
    I do have a lot of guns that are unmodified... but a lot of them are safe queens

This 45 purchase would be for the sole purpose of bastardizing

we didn't ask for any logic here
    I should check if my range has them for rent.

I've got a XD9 Tactical and XDs45 for sale right now, trying to un-XD right meow.

Well if you want a gun to modify why look at one that does not have large aftermarket support.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    The people who are impressed by FN handguns typically aren't the crowd you want to go around trying to impress.

You could paint a hi point tan and the FN pistol guys will drool over it. It may be hard to tell though, they're always drooling
    Truth. That trigger is trash too.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Consider disassembly vs competitors. Fn doesn’t make things simple.
    There's a certain allure to some of these... I'll admit that I buy into that.

I can build a G21 for about the same... possibly less. But nothing special about it. Just looks like every other grock out there.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    There's a certain allure to some of these... I'll admit that I buy into that.

I can build a G21 for about the same... possibly less. But nothing special about it. Just looks like every other grock out there.
    I get it. The gun looks freaking cool!

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    M&p 2.0? Then convince a friend that you don't really like to get the FN
    never been a m&p fan... i dunno why.
    Gold Tiger Stripe Deagle. Because 45 is for pussies and that skank with the fakies is looking for a new mark. Bonus: the kid with the skinny jeans sagging around his knees will think you are a player.
    I wish I had got a gold 50ae back when they were still $1500. they are wildly overpriced now
    The only 45 acp
    value-p-2386802-1.jpg

You think it’s what tony macaroni used?
    I'm rekindling that flame as well. have a few, but no beaters. Going to build 1 or 2.... but for this I'm looking for a double-stack poly.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    never been a m&p fan... i dunno why.

I wish I had got a gold 50ae back when they were still $1500. they are wildly overpriced now

I'm rekindling that flame as well. have a few, but no beaters. Going to build 1 or 2.... but for this I'm looking for a double-stack poly.
    Ppq .45?

Though it seems like you're set on an FNX.

Just realize before you go in, FN will use every trick in the book to deny your warranty and f you over.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Ppq .45?

Though it seems like you're set on an FNX.

Just realize before you go in, FN will use every trick in the book to deny your warranty and f you over.

Haven’t ruled out a G21. Just want something a little more… superficial lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Haven’t ruled out a G21. Just want something a little more… superficial lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean the FN *looks* nice, but it's an FN. It's not a good gun.

The last good pistol FN made was the Hi Power.

Terralk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2023
    Canyon, Texas
    My $0.02, which by reading this... you have already overpaid for.

I own and love more than a few 1911, don't carry any of them. Have an HK45, it is pretty decent stuff, M&P 45, with an apex trigger it fits me great and shoots great. A cajunized CZ 97B is a real nice stuff, and a ton of fun to shoot.

The FNX 45 gets my vote though as it is just simply a useful tool, kind of like my favorite "Rocket" claw hammer. Not the best looking, but it just works. Over 1k through it, and I seem to pick it up about half the time I head to the range with a 45. It eats anything I put through it, including gobs of reloads.

All the statements about the trigger though, well they are pretty accurate. You get used to it I guess, but no one in their right mind would say it is a nice trigger.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom