Target Sports

Flying Cars. They're here, they're real.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    flyingcar.jpg

Alef touts the car’s ability to avoid traffic, fly in any direction while giving a "cinematic 180 plus degree view for safe and enjoyable flight."

Customers can preorder the vehicle, which can seat up to two people is expected to cost around $300,000.

You can pre-order here: https://alef.aero/preorder.html

An FAA spokesperson told Fox Business it "issued a Special Airworthiness Certificate for the Armada Model Zero aircraft on June 12, 2023. This certificate allows the aircraft to be used for limited purposes, including exhibition, research and development.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technolo...ting-preorders
    Hurley's Gold

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I was gonna liquidate $300k of ammo and buy one for y'all, but there's very little meat on those bones. I didn't check the FOX link,but the company link was very, uh, economical with details. On the car part OR the flight part. Is it a glorified quad rotor like most? Use alien anti gravity tech? Please share.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    I was gonna liquidate $300k of ammo and buy one for y'all, but there's very little meat on those bones. I didn't check the FOX link,but the company link was very, uh, economical with details. On the car part OR the flight part. Is it a glorified quad rotor like most? Use alien anti gravity tech? Please share.
    From the Fox link:

"The fully electric vehicle (with a hydrogen option for a higher price) is a low-speed vehicle that can be driven up to 200 miles on public roads and fits into a regular garage, but it can also launch vertically into the air with a flying range of 110 miles, according to Alef's website.

The company's "Model A" car "can fly forward above the obstacles until a desired destination is reached," the San Mateo-based company says. "The driver and the cabin are stabilized by a unique gimbaled rotating cabin design."

Alef first unveiled the car last October and said it has already taken a "strong" number of preorders from people and businesses.

The FAA is working on policies for the takeoff and landing of electric vehicles, the company said.

"We're excited to receive this certification from the FAA," Alef CEO Jim Dukhovny, who co-founded the company in 2015, said in a statement.

That's all I got.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    From the Fox link:

"The fully electric vehicle (with a hydrogen option for a higher price) is a low-speed vehicle that can be driven up to 200 miles on public roads and fits into a regular garage, but it can also launch vertically into the air with a flying range of 110 miles, according to Alef's website.

The company's "Model A" car "can fly forward above the obstacles until a desired destination is reached," the San Mateo-based company says. "The driver and the cabin are stabilized by a unique gimbaled rotating cabin design."

Alef first unveiled the car last October and said it has already taken a "strong" number of preorders from people and businesses.

The FAA is working on policies for the takeoff and landing of electric vehicles, the company said.

"We're excited to receive this certification from the FAA," Alef CEO Jim Dukhovny, who co-founded the company in 2015, said in a statement.

That's all I got.
    Thanks!
    $300k for a Model A, HA HA!

The FAA better work on a lot more than takeoff and landing. Like pilotage, VFR rules, IFR rules, and cross country navigation. To start.
    Rich folks untrained in their sophisticated toys make me nervous.
    Ever seen jet ski accidents? People driving don't understand their steering. Bad start.

Top Bottom