• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    For the most part, maybe. But for no good reason, one of them decided to take a waist strap off my backpack a few years ago in up-state New York. I didn't notice until I was at the other end of the country.

And how can they pull an old woman out of a wheel chair for a pat-down? I think a lack of decency is required to work for TSA.

Yeah, saw 80+ year old couple getting the full pat-down today. . . .
    DK Firearms

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    The really sad and retarded part of the tsa is that they won't hire people who are potentially the best for the job because they are free thinkers and don't believe in hassling the general public. I applied to the tsa just for shits and giggles one time as an aso made it all the way through to the physical and they asked if I was color blind and right when I said yes they told me to leave because they won't hire a person who has a color vision deficiency because they pose a threat to other people while using a firearm.

pretzel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    West of Amarillo
    a few years ago they took a small harley knife from me. I had forgotten I had it in my pocket. It made me so mad , I havent been on a plane since. I know Im narrow minded but I have a right to be that way!

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    This is ridiculous.

<slight derail>
    I still don't get why planes are so special. What about large events? What about the tons of other targets where even greater numbers of people can be killed?

The amount of resources we waste on the airplane/airport security is ridiculous. You'd think we be doing some real risk assessments and covering the risks with the largest likelihood and impact.

If we're going to be objective about it only 3,000 people died on 9/11. How many do you think would die if someone poisoned a municipal water supply or caused a meltdown at a nuclear reactor near a major city. What about attacks on any given Cowboys game with tens of thousands of people there? What about some small group / individual buying some RPGs in Mexico and bringing them over the US border?

I think our security priorities are ill-conceived, based on entrenched bureaucratic thinking, and need to be reassessed. We don't need some clowns at the airport taking our toothpaste and nail clippers, we need real human intel resources.
    <\slight derail>

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I remember going through security at Dulles International a couple of years ago, where I was wanded and patted down and my 83-year-old father was taken into an adjacent "private screening room" to be partially strip searched because he had a pacemaker. Meanwhile, a Sikh immediately ahead of us in line was allowed to walk right through the metal detector with no additional wanding of his turban, nor was he taken to the "private screening room" so that his turban could be removed and checked for what....a plastic knife?...plastic explosives?....flammable liquid? Nope, he went through free as a bird!

That is a true story, and it really does make you wonder what the real purpose of the TSA is....

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    This is ridiculous.

<slight derail>
    I still don't get why planes are so special. What about large events? What about the tons of other targets where even greater numbers of people can be killed?

The amount of resources we waste on the airplane/airport security is ridiculous. You'd think we be doing some real risk assessments and covering the risks with the largest likelihood and impact.

If we're going to be objective about it only 3,000 people died on 9/11. How many do you think would die if someone poisoned a municipal water supply or caused a meltdown at a nuclear reactor near a major city. What about attacks on any given Cowboys game with tens of thousands of people there? What about some small group / individual buying some RPGs in Mexico and bringing them over the US border?

I think our security priorities are ill-conceived, based on entrenched bureaucratic thinking, and need to be reassessed. We don't need some clowns at the airport taking our toothpaste and nail clippers, we need real human intel resources.
    <\slight derail>

Security theater at the airports isn't about security.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Security theater at the airports isn't about security.

Here we have the real answer. The public stopped flying after 9/11. Something had to be done to make the public feel safe and save the airline industry. Yet another stealth bailout that we pay for. Joe Dope sees this kind of BS as tight security and even though he may be outraged, he feels safer. Meanwhile there are many simple ways to get a weapon on a plane and many venues that are a much better target and less defended than an airplane if mass casualties are your goal.

Security Theater. So true.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Here we have the real answer. The public stopped flying after 9/11. Something had to be done to make the public feel safe and save the airline industry. Yet another stealth bailout that we pay for. Joe Dope sees this kind of BS as tight security and even though he may be outraged, he feels safer. Meanwhile there are many simple ways to get a weapon on a plane and many venues that are a much better target and less defended than an airplane if mass casualties are your goal.

Security Theater. So true.

I saw estimates that the airline industry was going to see a 3% decline this holiday season, while roads were going to see a 2% increase.

I don't think TSA is exactly helping the airlines out.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I've set a personal policy that if I need to travel 1,200 miles or less, I'm driving. I've already taken two trips based on that criteria and it's a much better experience.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I've set a personal policy that if I need to travel 1,200 miles or less, I'm driving. I've already taken two trips based on that criteria and it's a much better experience.

+1

For me, the cut off is 12 hours driving time unless I just have to be somewhere. I only fly when I have no other practical choice.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    If you've got to fly East coast to West coast multiple times in a week there's not a choice. You either get raped financially by private jet or physically by the TSA. I wish private cost less; without exception its always been a better experience.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    If you've got to fly East coast to West coast multiple times in a week there's not a choice. You either get raped financially by private jet or physically by the TSA. I wish private cost less; without exception its always been a better experience.
    "I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars, buddy. A player. Or nothing."

Top Bottom