• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I don't agree with our Welfare State in the first place, but if there's going to be some level of rationality it needs to go way beyond this...

Any able-bodied person on welfare should be required to work a minimum number of manual labor hours for the government every year. If you're physically disabled you should still be able to help in some capacity. If you're mentally disabled, then maybe not. Schedule it nights and weekends around their current jobs if they have one.

No FREE money. Rather than guarantee free money like we do now, it would be better to guarantee work.
    DK Firearms

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I think that one of the reasons that Florida is a conservative state is due to the large elderly population in the state. Definitely not conservative around the Miami area.

Actually Florida is a conservative state because it is primarily rural. Miami is to Florida what Houston is to Texas. Most Floridians would just like to cut it off and let it float away.
    Other major metro areas are Tampa/St.Pete and Orlando. Jacksonville to a lesser degree. The rest of the state is orange groves ans cattle ranches. I dont have the current statistic but Florida use to be number 2 only to Texas in beef production. The Florida panhandle is more like Georgia or Alabama than it is Florida.

All of those farmers and ranchers are pretty conservative.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I don't agree with our Welfare State in the first place, but if there's going to be some level of rationality it needs to go way beyond this...

Any able-bodied person on welfare should be required to work a minimum number of manual labor hours for the government every year. If you're physically disabled you should still be able to help in some capacity. If you're mentally disabled, then maybe not. Schedule it nights and weekends around their current jobs if they have one.

No FREE money. Rather than guarantee free money like we do now, it would be better to guarantee work.

Many of the "...mentally disabled......." are probably already working (cough..cough..) for the government. They call them.....politicians!

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Another stupid law that will accomplish nothing and just cost taxpayers more money in the end.
    I don't agree. If it stops distribution of welfare payments to those on illegal drugs, it serves a proper purpose in my book. I don't believe in welfare to begin with - and I sure as hell don't believe in handing it out to junkies.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I don't care if they're on drugs as long as they're productive and not committing crimes. Better than some jackoff sitting on his ass collecting checks, but only drinks alcohol.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Well, I hope the testing is done a day or two AFTER they receive the money & not before....when they are broke there is a better chance they would be clean & would pass the test.

Top Bottom