• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    They're safe inside and can't be killed by a gun since it's a no-gun zone. :banghead:
    At the time of the shooting massacre inside Luby's in 1991, there would have been no signage stating a "gun free zone" existed.

In 1991, just about everywhere in Texas would have been a gun free zone.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    That is not exactly a valid debate issue.

The Luby's Massacre happened in 1991. The first concealed carry laws didn't go into effect until 1996. A full five years after the event at Luby's.

Kind of a moot point since it wasn't legal to carry on your person in 1991.

ETA:

You don’t see the validity that a mass killer can kill your family in a restaurant and you are unarmed because of a law or a sign? If you want to voluntarily disarm to eat at a restaurant this could happen. It has happened. This is not a theoretical situation. This situation led to LTC.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    You don’t see the validity that a mass killer can kill your family in a restaurant and you are unarmed because of a law or a sign? If you want to voluntarily disarm to eat at a restaurant this could happen. It has happened. This is not a theoretical situation. This situation led to LTC.
    It was a prior event before the law was passed. That the event was used as means to get concealed carry laws passed, is important.

But in 1991, there would have been not signs. It would have been illegal to carry on your person pretty much anywhere in public at that time.

Did some people carry on their person prior to 1996? I would assume so. But some also felt it was better to be judged by twelve, than carried by six.

And if a restaurant wants to place a sign, prohibiting the carrying of guns, then that is their right. I just won't be eating there. I'll take my business to one that doesn't put up signage prohibiting me carrying a gun.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    It was pretty much illegal to have it in her car too, and pretty much anywhere her car was going. I never understood her logic of leaving it in car, when she was illegally carrying it just about everywhere else.

It was and in my mind, she publicly said what a lot of people were already doing anyways, which was illegal carry.

At the time, the lesson I took away was we need LTC. Over time, I think what I’m really learning is a sign is just a sign. That’s a huge change in mindset for me, but after a lot of conversation here and other places about the real effects of removing the 411.205 punishment and other changes.

I’ve never been in favor of the signs, but I’ve tried to respect them thru avoidance. Not sure I feel the same anymore.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    It was a prior event before the law was passed. That the event was used as means to get concealed carry laws passed, is important.

But in 1991, there would have been not signs. It would have been illegal to carry on your person pretty much anywhere in public at that time.

Did some people carry on their person prior to 1996? I would assume so. But some also felt it was better to be judged by twelve, than carried by six.

And if a restaurant wants to place a sign, prohibiting the carrying of guns, then that is their right. I just won't be eating there. I'll take my business to one that doesn't put up signage prohibiting me carrying a gun.
    Am I writing over your head? Tomorrow go into a restaurant that has signs to disarm you and you love the place and disarm. You too can be the new Dr. Hupp. Can’t happen? Statistically it won’t. But!

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Who said I'd go in unarmed?
    You would purposely break the law? You think Dr Hupp’s parents would have survived if she had a knife? Your choice what to do, just remember that we carry because the shit may hit the fan not because we enjoy the pain in the neck that is required to carry. Gun, knife, pepper spray, phone, keys, wallet, extra mag, all a pain.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Am I writing over your head? Tomorrow go into a restaurant that has signs to disarm you and you love the place and disarm. You too can be the new Dr. Hupp. Can’t happen? Statistically it won’t. But!
    So you don't like the direction the discussion is going, so out come the sarcastic insults? Wow.

I don't disarm, because I will not do business with an establishment that prohibits the carrying of firearms. There are too many other places to spend my money that don't.

So the answer would be not likely to happen to me.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    So you don't like the direction the discussion is going, so out come the sarcastic insults? Wow.

I don't disarm, because I will not do business with an establishment that prohibits the carrying of firearms. There are too many other places to spend my money that don't.

So the answer would be not likely to happen to me.
    Good for you. I wouldn’t either. Just for those that would go in realize that there is a risk when disarmed. History does repeat. Our options are don’t shop there, shop and disarm, shop and don’t disarm. No comment about trespassing.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    You would purposely break the law? You think Dr Hupp’s parents would have survived if she had a knife? Your choice what to do, just remember that we carry because the shit may hit the fan not because we enjoy the pain in the neck that is required to carry. Gun, knife, pepper spray, phone, keys, wallet, extra mag, all a pain.
    Ambiguity is as much a tactical thing as is your choice of how to wear what you defend yourself with. I'm surprised you can't tell.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Good for you. I wouldn’t either. Just for those that would go in realize that there is a risk when disarmed. History does repeat. Our options are don’t shop there, shop and disarm, shop and don’t disarm. No comment about trespassing.
    Frankly, I don' t care what other people do, or don't do. None of my business or concerns. I carry to defend myself and my loved one in the very rare minute event that it might be needed.

If other people want to disarm, because of a sign forbids them carrying and do business with that entity. That's none of my business either.

I'm also pretty sure there are many people that don't carry at all for whatever reasons, and frequent places that don't forbid carrying a firearm.

Top Bottom