• ...and so much more!
  • acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Thanks for the kind words, Scott.

Today would have been our local club match but the range has been under flood waters for the last three weeks. Luckily the other club down in Pearland is still good and they have their match towards the end of the month.

Last weekend I picked up a CZ 452 Silhouette on loan from a friend who doesn't use it anymore. I tried a couple of test rounds on paper targets at the indoor range and got 21/40 and 23/40, a good five-point increase over my usual scores with my 10/22. Hopefully as I get used to the 452 I'll get even better.

Sorry to hear you can't find any matches up there. Maybe you can get some swinger sets and get some friends to try it out (i.e. get them hooked).
    ARJ Defense ad

t-astragal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2015
    College Station
    I'm interested. I used to shoot hunters pistol silhouettes in high school (mid 80's) and really enjoyed it. I shot on the Texas A&M pistol team (international pistol) after that. I've been wanting to get into it again.

Steve

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Posting an update...

Shot the match at BRI a few weeks ago, got a 18/40 and 19/40 and got my first "five in a row" pin on the pigs.
    Today's match down at PSC was hot and sticky but well attended. Got a 21/40, a personal best, and 23/40, an even better personal best! That bumped myself up to AA in Hunter class.

Anyone that is interested in trying this out should let me know. I can have you as a guest and we'll use the pistol size targets to get you started.

Last edited:

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Cool!

Thanks for the update.

I would be interested in trying that out. Does the rifle have to be semi-auto? Or will a bolt action cut it?

Sent from a B-52 flying over Russia.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Just about everyone shoots bolt-action, so no problem there. All you need is a scope which you can adjust for elevation and some ammo!
    Cool!

Give me a heads up next time your heading out. I would like to try my luck.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Nice report, as usual.

Don't know of any similar clubs in my area.

Where is the range you visit?

Be well.

Bayou Rifles (where I'm a member) is the 2nd Saturday of the month, Pearland Shooting Club (PSC) is every fourth Saturday of the month. Both are in the greater Houston area.

Last edited:

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Next weekend is free for trying it out on either big or little targets. Weekend after is a match (August 8th). Weekend after that is open again.
    Let me check with Boss Lady and see if I could get away to try it out next weekend. If you are available of course.

Top Bottom