• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Just happened to be in the right place at the right time and picked one up. This is an actual first generation Glock 19, 1988 production. They made these for less than 1 year before switching to the generation 2 frame. I have yet to find a definite answer but, it is my understanding that only somewhere between one dozen and a couple dozen of these were imported. I might be wrong but, that's the most accurate estimate I could find. I believe it was possibly for testing by the ATF to determine eligibility for importation, but I haven't found anything to confirm that. The gun was later issued to the Kansas State Alcoholic Beverage Control division. I only have this one pic at the moment, but I'll try to get some better ones tonight:

attachment.php

Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Re: First Generation Glock 19

That's interesting to see. Front of the frame looks just as well crafted as anything else but the magwell looks very crude.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Didn't know such a thing existed.

Thanks.

Do all SNs match?

That looks like a 17 cut down.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin

Wow. Interesting find. Bet you already have a bunch of offers flowing in via PMs.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX

As far as I understand it, I believe it was based on a first generation G17 frame, then grip chopped. The end result is the grip feels even better (since the 17 has the arch lower on the grip, which is mostly gone when cut to 19 length) and already feels like a grip reduction.

The numbers are all matching. Stamped on the slide (right side) is K.S. A.B.C. for Kansas State Alcoholic Beverage Control. I'll try to get some better pics soon.

I've had some offers. It would take something pretty significant to pry this out of my hands. ;)

Top Bottom