• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Anyone bought from Buds online and had it sent to Katy area? What is the going transfer fee these days. Talked with one place and they want $50.00. Is that about right? I would like to purchase from GT Dist. in Austin, but have not found myself in the Austin area lately.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I used Buds FFL search and found the guy that wants $50. I guess I will just go down their list and ask prices. Thanks for letting me know that $25 is about right.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Where in Katy? Cypress North Houston west of Telge there is an FFL that will do $20 x fers. New guys off Mason south of I10 listed in another thread should be able to do it for $35

I am looking around the I10 area. I saw the post on the new place on Mason. I am going to stop by there when I get a chance.

woodsong

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Katy
    I've used "Lone Star Rod & Rifle" -- Gary's the FFL and the transfer fee is $25. He'll transfer multiple guns for the same fee (1 gun is $25, 2 guns are still $25, 3 guns are $25, etc).

They're located at the airport between Barker Cypress and Hwy 6. They're in one of the hangers near the back and are upstairs.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Just a note, you can use any FFL, not just the one's Bud's lists. I just bought a Savage rifle from Bud's, and sent them a link to a friend who is an 01 FFL. They processed it without a problem, and it will be at his place on Thursday (if Hurricane Alex doesn't slow it down, which is ironic as that is his name as well!).

Find a good/cheap FFL and either fax or email them a signed copy of their 01 license and you will be good to go!

Cheers! M2

adidas7

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    katy
    Mason road Jewelry and Loan has done over 20 transfer for me. i know for a fact that they have the best reputation in houston, i have seen that new store on mason but last time i checked they where still waiting on there right license and in my opinion how or why would you open a gun store not fully prepared. the pawnshop out in katy used to do ffl transfers but they lost there ffl. so my point is why not go with a company with a proven track record. when it comes to firearms. you dont want any mess ups as the whitehouse doesnt even want us to have guns. i know first hand that they are know what they are doing and straight by the books so to save 5 buck 10 bucks to go somewhere that has not bee in the business very long be my guess Mason road has my vote bar non

adidas7

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    katy
    Mason road Jewelry and Loan has done over 20 transfer for me. i know for a fact that they have the best reputation in houston, i have seen that new store on mason but last time i checked they where still waiting on there right license and in my opinion how or why would you open a gun store not fully prepared. the pawnshop out in katy used to do ffl transfers but they lost there ffl. so my point is why not go with a company with a proven track record. when it comes to firearms. you dont want any mess ups as the whitehouse doesnt even want us to have guns. i know first hand that they are know what they are doing and straight by the books so to save 5 buck 10 bucks to go somewhere that has not bee in the business very long be my guess Mason road has my vote bar non

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    mason road jewelry and loan is the biggest and bye far the class is bar none. katy pawn lost there ffl. mason road has been around since 1978 where the first storee was at gessner and hammerlly. i wil say for anyone to complain about 10-2-30 bucks is crazy anyone that is doing a transferthat with one tiny mistake like nmn for no middle name can cause your ffl to be taken away. so they go threw alot of trouble just to transfer your gun for 30-50 whatever it is when they could loose there business so give them all a break and when a company has been around the longest there is for a reason
    you would think she would at least not use the name"pawn woman" in her poorly veiled ad....

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    It seems they are all over the board and just cut and pasted the same remarks several times. Poorly veiled and lazy to boot.

Top Bottom