• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    tell ya the truth i know 90% of rancher do the same thing they are over populated in south texas and with feed for deer being 7 bucks per 50pounds its worth killing as many as you can

A+, Every rancher I've talked and hunted with suggested that whenever they're seen to load them full of lead and keep going.
    .22's make a great gun to keep on hand when traveling in hog country. Just keep a decent handgun on your hip if you decide to go chase them.
    DK Firearms

texasislandboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    SA
    A+, Every rancher I've talked and hunted with suggested that whenever they're seen to load them full of lead and keep going.
    .22's make a great gun to keep on hand when traveling in hog country. Just keep a decent handgun on your hip if you decide to go chase them.
    X 1000000000 shot a really nice 10 point closing weekend of buck season and it ran into the brush about 100 yards so i tracked it for over a hour (thick brush and little blood ) and was dragging the buck out of the brush and what do i see about 5 yards away from the road..... about 20 hogs and im with my .308 with a 24'' barrel and a 4-12 scope ... if one ran at me i would have been toast. when my dad picked me up i told him about it and he said should have had your 9mm with you (yeah yeah yeah i know )

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    X 1000000000 shot a really nice 10 point closing weekend of buck season and it ran into the brush about 100 yards so i tracked it for over a hour (thick brush and little blood ) and was dragging the buck out of the brush and what do i see about 5 yards away from the road..... about 20 hogs and im with my .308 with a 24'' barrel and a 4-12 scope ... if one ran at me i would have been toast. when my dad picked me up i told him about it and he said should have had your 9mm with you (yeah yeah yeah i know )
    When a situation like that comes around, if for whatever reason they don't take kindly to you, just start firing slowly and moving directly at them or directly away (I just hate walking backwards in brush though). If you're short on ammo, fire slowly and work your way to the closest tree.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    My pal in East Texas traps them and sells them somewhere but he told me what he uses for bait : He soaks corn in strawberry soda pop bottles and uses that with a general sprinkling around the traps with strawberry kool aid powder. He says that they can't resist it and he catches a lot of feral hogs.

Top Bottom