• ...and so much more!
  • Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I sold or gifted all of my registered semi-auto rifles (6), I think that this bill (if it becomes law) only applies to the sale (maybe manufactory or importation) of military style firearms and NOT to the ownership of those firearms.
    Is this what you guys believe?
    Target Sports

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I sold or gifted all of my registered semi-auto rifles (6), I think that this bill (if it becomes law) only applies to the sale (maybe manufactory or importation) of military style firearms and NOT to the ownership of those firearms.
    Is this what you guys believe?
    For the time being. Once they realize they can't control the private sales, they will demand registration. See: Universal Background Checks.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    If you read the bill it has nothing to do with the RKBA. The bill is designed to stop the future commercial manufacture and sale of new rifles with specific features and magazines that hold more than 10 cartridges. It specifically reads that current items would be grandfathered in, and it has zero to do with the right to carry be it open or concealed. The question of it being “Constitutional“ would rest with the courts, based on their history I have zero faith the SCOTUS would rule in favor of gun manufacturers or gun owners.

The major problem with this bill, should it become law, is that it would make a specific class of semi auto rifles unobtainable to many; especially to those in a lower socio-economic class. Current rifles would essentially become more expensive via a secondary market (RE: just like in 1994-2004) and harder and more expensive to obtain as years pass- potentially creating a black market of new items created via 3D printers, CNC machines et al. Unlike the 1994 crime bill, pre-ban magazines with a capacity of greater than 10 cartridges would not be transferable if this bill becomes law, and all “pre-ban“ firearm transfers would require an FBI background check via an FFL dealer, even between family members. Also, there is no sunset on this proposed AWB.

This bill is an attempt at changing the culture via social engineering. The subject items would essentially be exclusive to those who already have them and to those prepared to pay expensive tolls for the pre-ban weapons as the standard capacity magazines would no longer legally be transferable. The same thing was done with what are now NFA items. Putting them out of reach for most is the end game.

The whole “come and take it” mantra is meaningless as no one is coming to take what is already in circulation according to this bill. Holding rallies at The Alamo isn’t going to keep gun manufactures assembly lines churning out commercial sporting rifles and standard capacity magazines for public consumption.

In essence, this bill, should it become law, is specifically designed to kill the industry built on civilian gun sales of modern sporting rifles and standard capacity magazines.

Where you get “virtual signaling?” out of any of my post is a complete mystery to me and all the team building in the world isn’t going to make licensed manufactures break the law should it come to pass.
    Businesses, and specifically the individuals behind them, are going to have to start not complying. Unfortunately, this COVID stuff has proven that most businesses have their hands so tied by the feds, that it will take an earthquake in people's thinking for there to be real change.

Analog Kid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Rockwall, Texas
    ScreenShot_20210314200304.png

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Businesses, and specifically the individuals behind them, are going to have to start not complying. Unfortunately, this COVID stuff has proven that most businesses have their hands so tied by the feds, that it will take an earthquake in people's thinking for there to be real change.

Easier said than done.

If by business you mean gun dealers, they don’t control what manufacturers produce or how they produce it. If manufacturers stop producing new weapons then dealers will just keep reselling what is currently in circulation, AKA pre-bans.

If you mean manufacturers, those are corporations with a sea of lawyers. If non compliance was the answer by all, then select fire rifles would have been in stock at the LGS long before COVID and background checks an ignored process. None of which has happened BTW.

Individuals have tried non compliance with federal firearms laws in the past, see Waco 1994 and Ruby Ridge 1992 for the results.

We are in a 3D chess game that will be lost if our only approach is simply standing behind the “come and take it“ mantra. We have all accepted rigged elections and illegitimate government office holders at this point on a federal level. The only way forward is to legally secede or heel to the crooks and criminals that have stolen elections and the so called legal system that is in their pockets. Now more than ever Texas needs to put succession on the table as a means to counter the fraudulent government in DC. Once one State breaks away more will follow and perhaps the criminals in DC will take that as a clue. Or not? If not, then who cares if the ground beneath our feet is a free and fair Republic of Texas.

Reactions: gll

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Individuals have tried non compliance with federal firearms laws in the past, see Waco 1994 and Ruby Ridge 1992 for the results.

We are in a 3D chess game that will be lost if our only approach is simply standing behind the “come and take it“ mantra. We have all accepted rigged elections and illegitimate government office holders at this point on a federal level. The only way forward is to legally secede or heel to the crooks and criminals that have stolen elections and the so called legal system that is in their pockets. Now more than ever Texas needs to put succession on the table as a means to counter the fraudulent government in DC. Once one State breaks away more will follow and perhaps the criminals in DC will take that as a clue. Or not? If not, then who cares if the ground beneath our feet is a free and fair Republic of Texas.
    Serious question. Just how many people are running "unregistered SBRs" (depending on how you choose to define that) these days with all the "pistol" AR-15s available? I'd suggest more is happening than you think, and that's a good thing. There's nothing inherently more dangerous from a ballistics point of view about a 10' AR vs a 16" AR.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    If the laws, pass, and they could (filibuster could go away) then we will have to rely upon a case reaching SCOTUS.

And the current SCOTUS is likely to uphold the 2A.

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    If the laws, pass, and they could (filibuster could go away) then we will have to rely upon a case reaching SCOTUS.

And the current SCOTUS is likely to uphold the 2A.

I don’t believe they are even likely to hear the case. Perhaps you missed the 2020 Presidential Elections and the massive amounts of blatant voter fraud amongst other election crimes? What did The SCOTUS choose to do in that instance?

Top Bottom