• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArielT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Austin, TX
    This does raise eyebrows.

But FEC commissioners said repeatedly that their decision to define Hassan as a candidate had nothing to do with his birth country. They said that current federal election law allows for someone to be a candidate, regardless of whether they can legally hold the office they seek and that the FEC is not charged with deciding presidential criteria including one’s natural-born citizenship.
    Seems like we're trending towards less FEC regulation of campaign funds, particularly after Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission. I think this is a part of that, the FEC is doing its job very loosely to avoid lawsuits.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Spoiler alert, this isn't regarding Obama's 2008 election run j/k

It's each state's job to certify candidates they will allow on their ballots, not the FECs It's each state's right to select its electors as it sees fit. I don't get why the FEC exists except to waste more money and be redundant.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Looks like another Islam hate site. No matter the subject at hand, I don't take anything I read from these websites as credible.

ArielT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Austin, TX
    It's each state's job to certify candidates they will allow on their ballots, not the FECs It's each state's right to select its electors as it sees fit. I don't get why the FEC exists except to waste more money and be redundant.
    Since there's no real regulation on the money you can spend on a candidate, it does seem like the FEC has gone from a regulating body to being basically meaningless red tape.

Looks like another Islam hate site. No matter the subject at hand, I don't take anything I read from these websites as credible.
    Its really just commentary an article from Roll Call: FEC Allows Presidential Campaign for Foreign-Born Man : Roll Call News

Top Bottom