• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Personally I've been a Vortex fan for over a decade. I have 9 magnified optics & 2 red dots & spotting scope from them. Ive got 2 Crossfires, 3 Diamondback Tacticals & 4 Strike Eagles... 1 is 5x25 FFP. You can't beat their unconditional warranty. I also have 2 Athons (Argos & Talos) & a Leupold MK3.

I will admit working in a gunshop that sells Vortex & being able to use their dealer program that earns you VORTEX BUCKS to get optics for free is pretty cool. This was last year's haul.

20231127_194337.jpg

justmax

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    Although I may be biased as I used to sell them for several years, check out Konus.

Lifetime no questions asked warranty, good. Customer service Have been in the optics for decades before they ever come out with a rifle scope. I almost entirely switched to them, except for a couple of rifles that needed a period scope like an old Weaver or Redfield.

D0ntTr3@d0nM3

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2024
    Richmond, TX
    I am still in search of glass for the rifle I have coming. I found an Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56 in used but excellent condition (so says the post) for $900 shipped. Is that a good starting point?

I am going to try out a Vortex Strike Eagle at some point to see if I like it or not. Hopefully that will work and do the job for me.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    I am still in search of glass for the rifle I have coming. I found an Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56 in used but excellent condition (so says the post) for $900 shipped. Is that a good starting point?

I am going to try out a Vortex Strike Eagle at some point to see if I like it or not. Hopefully that will work and do the job for me.
    I own an Athlon Cronus BTR, and if that is a gen 2, it’s an excellent deal.
    The Cronus is their top of the line, and is built by LOW. It is almost as good as glass as I have ever seen. It is better than the Vortex razor gen 2 in my opinion.
    Strike Eagles are junk, spend a little more for something better, even if it’s just a Viper PST.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas

$900 for a Cronus BTR is a good deal.

There are several brands that are pretty much identical, all produced by LOW in Japan. They all retail new in the $1500 - $2000 range.
    They all will do great job, but they are not in the same league as the top tier optics.

D0ntTr3@d0nM3

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2024
    Richmond, TX
    I own an Athlon Cronus BTR, and if that is a gen 2, it’s an excellent deal.
    The Cronus is their top of the line, and is built by LOW. It is almost as good as glass as I have ever seen. It is better than the Vortex razor gen 2 in my opinion.
    Strike Eagles are junk, spend a little more for something better, even if it’s just a Viper PST.
    It seems to have a couple scuff marks on it but the glass is supposed to be in flawless shape. I think I’ll grab it and check it out.

D0ntTr3@d0nM3

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2024
    Richmond, TX
    I just saw Arken is having one hell of a 4th of July sale, and they released a new 7-35 EP5, fyi.
    I just bought the Athlon Cronus BTR. Hopefully I made the right decision. I have to figure out what mounts for it now.
    I'll still take a look at the Arken deal though. Thanks.

Last edited:

Bncadvr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2024
    League City
    For variable magnification, I like Vortex (especially Razor line) or Primary Arms.
    RDS - Aimpoint, Holosun ACSS from Primary Arms, Sig
    Prism - ACOG or Primary Arms
    And Trijicon Bright & Tough suppressor night sights for pistols.

alexng30

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2016
    General Purpose AR - TA110 ACOG (I need to throw an RMR up top on it)

ad9b1b19e927c0761d9479765706f3a1.jpg

For red dots I’m a huge fan of the Sig Romeo 4T Pro (and 8T pro). I think that they are genuine Aimpoint killers and their excellent NV performance has them even stepping over the Eotech crowd imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Narrator

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2024
    Texas
    22lr rifle- Vortex or Burris - low end models
    Ar15- Acog, NightForce, Trijicon or EO Tech
    Varmint rifle- Trijicon
    Large bore rifle- NightForce
    Deer rifle- Schmidt & Bender or Kahles
    Long range- Schmidt & Bender or Kahles
    Target rifle- NightForce
    Night time- Trijicon
    Vintage scope- I'm a sucker for the old Tasco's, LOL or old Leupold

Ever since Leupold went woke a couple years ago, I'm pretty much done with those.

Top Bottom