• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I have a bunch, and there are some really nice ones I’d like.

All that said, 10/22 is my favorite though. It was my first 22, and being able to modify and customize it even 30 years ago when the aftermarket was nothing like it is now, is what got me into tinkering and eventually building things like ARs.

Last edited:

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    My shiny stainless (maybe it’s nickel?) 1957 Colt Official Police .22lr

sweetest trigger I’ve ever encountered on a .22lr revolver

IMG_5866.jpeg

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Wow that looks almost exactly like the gun I grew up learning to shoot. Belonged to my grandfather who passed to my dad who will some day pass it to me and me to my son. One of my favorite guns of all time!
    When you learn to shoot on a 22 rimfire, it or another 22 often becomes your favorite gun or type of gun for life. It is just a fact of shooting life for anyone who is at all nostalgic and 22s have a way of making you feel nostalgic.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Favorite rimfire rifle that I own is my Remington 513T Matchmaster, not the best pic of it but all I could find on my laptop:

View attachment 221222
    They certainly shoot nicely. I have owned the pictured one since January 1999.

REMINGTON 513T MATCHMASTER PURCJASE RECEIPT.jpg
    target 1.jpg

Several types of ammo, no adjusting sights. anted to see how each grouped as sights were set.

target 2.jpg

Two brands that gave best results on target one after adjusting sights. I am sure if I had a rest other than elbow(s) on bench my shots would have been truer but I could not duplicate the 6/16 mark of each of those two brands as I shot with them on the first target; also would have been better shooting if I simply was a better shooter. I have got to say though, I was pretty impressed considering that some of the least expensive ammo I had at the time the Blazer ammo and the American eagle gave such decent results.

Last edited:

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Shocked it has taken me 4 years deciding ...

This is my Marlin 880 SQ. I love it muchly and it is my favorite when I gotta show a target. Pic from a weekly shoot from another online community. Faaaar from a "good target" for this rifle, but it was shot cold that week.
    31b31589a6521a016c4fa82639dbbe13.jpg

This is the rifle I'd save if the gun room was burning. It is also my favorite JMB designed action (ridiculously elegant). Just another SA 22 ...
    2bf26e87eee46e623c9b5f2055da9d85.jpg

Got a big bunch more qualifying as Never for Sale.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

hornetguy

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    I have several .22's that I enjoy... but if I had to choose, I'd probably say it's the Marlin 39. I haven't had this one that long, but I had one a bunch of years ago that I really liked, but foolishly let get away. I finally got another one, and remembered why I liked the first one so much. They are accurate, smooth, shoot s, l, lr's... and are among the best made .22's around, quality wise.
    The fun factor is off the charts.... just a great, enjoyable rifle. My choice.

cckirk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2024
    Sealy Texas
    I had my 1022s at Senior range day today and had a good time. I can't really say I favor them over my Henry, it eats anything withing fail and is accurate. I use bulk ammo of any kind in it. Very easy to dial in. The 1022s do well with cci mini mag 40 gr.

Attachments

• 20240725_112816.jpg
      20240725_112816.jpg
      244.3 KB · Views: 31
    • 20240725_114254.jpg
      20240725_114254.jpg
      280.8 KB · Views: 29

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    This 10/22 shoots great. Paid $165.00 and bought the threaded barrel from a friend here on TGT. VX-I that’s likely 30 years old. Took it to Saddle River in Spring a couple weeks ago. Shot for two plus hours…Vets and 1st responders free range time for the day. Great way to leave a few problems behind.View attachment 464033View attachment 464034
    Hell yeah.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    My favorite rimfire is a Ruger 10/22 with the Tec22 select fire conversion that I had the privilege of firing several years ago. It would empty a 10 round mag before you could get off the trigger. And a 50 round mag would really put a smile on your face.

Of the rimfires that I own, the CZ PCR with the Kadet 22 conversion is my favorite rimfire handgun. My favorite rimfire rifle is the pre-warning Ruger 10/22 of which I have 2.

cckirk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2024
    Sealy Texas

RaySendero

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2020
    US South
    There is a lesson for all who shoot 22LR rifles in that target!

That rifle is unusually accurate and I use to compete with it.
    But Kids loved to plink with it. So I set out to find a bulk ammo for them.
    Since I don't compete any more, I'll tell y'all my secret:

THE most important attribute of 22LR ammo for your rifle is the measurement
    From the inside of the rim up to the bullet where it stops being bore size.
    There is quite a big array (differences) in this measure in 22LR ammo.

When ammo testing 22LRs, first measure this for each type ammo you have chosen.
    Then arrange the testing to start with the longest measurement and
    continue testing shorter, with the shortest being last.
    You should find your rifle likes a certain measure.
    Then test more 22LRs that are close to that one your rifle likes.

Top Bottom