• ...and so much more!
  • jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    Again I am sure this has been done before :
    But, What's your flashlight of preference ?
    Fenix TK30 here, with the TK20 a close second.
    Capitol Armory ad

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I picked up an iTP SC1 Eluma at a SAXET guns show a couple of months ago for about $50...

ITPSC1.jpg

It's very small (uses one CR123 battery), brighter than hell (190 lumens at full strength!), and has adjustable settings with a strobe.

So far, I am very impressed with it; it is much brighter than the Surefire 6P I’ve been using, and a much cleaner light as well (since it’s an LED).

If it continues to hold up as well as it has, it’s gonna be one helluva great flashlight!

Cheers! M2

Byaah_19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    DFW
    Fenix LD20
    Uses two AA batteries which are easily found in any store, gas station etc.
    Small and compact
    180 lumens
    LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    Fenix seems to make very good quality products, and I have a few.
    Batteries are always an issue.. and my freezer has a good stock now.
    Although when hurricane Ike came roaring thru Houston last year , and we were with out power for 19 days / a surefire rechargeable light and a gasoline powered generator were a godsend.

Mot45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Check out Solarforce. Half the price of a surefire, multiple modes including 300, 150, 100 lumens and strobe. Recargable or CR123. I took a chance on one and will be buying more. These things are like frickin lightsabres

Rusty Gun

brass picker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Gulf coast
    I have two of the Fenix LD20 and after sepnding lots of money with streamlights and surefires I think this is the best light on the market. As you said AA batteries and they last for a long time. My guess is in intermittent use I get 2.5 hrs out of a set.

The newest model is 203 Lumens and has a strobe feature.

Fenix LD20
    Uses two AA batteries which are easily found in any store, gas station etc.
    Small and compact
    180 lumens
    LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I have several Maglite 4 D LED lights that are great for the money and a couple of 2 AA LED Maglites. They are above average but I'd like to pick up something a few notches above.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I have several Maglite 4 D LED lights that are great for the money and a couple of 2 AA LED Maglites. They are above average but I'd like to pick up something a few notches above.
    Maglites were the light to have back in the 80's but for not much more money you can get alot better flashlight (I am referencing the Maglite with the regular bulb, the LEDS they make now are decent.). If you want to step up a little I recommend a Streamlight Scorpion. Small, super bright and nearly indestructable. Only around $50 makes it even better. I have a couple and love them.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Maglites were the light to have back in the 80's but for not much more money you can get alot better flashlight (I am referencing the Maglite with the regular bulb, the LEDS they make now are decent.). If you want to step up a little I recommend a Streamlight Scorpion. Small, super bright and nearly indestructable. Only around $50 makes it even better. I have a couple and love them.

I'm pretty happy with the Maglite LED models. They are at least the more modern variety. I've looked at the Streamlight models... but I do want to keep with something that uses standard batteries. I'll look some more.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I'm pretty happy with the Maglite LED models. They are at least the more modern variety. I've looked at the Streamlight models... but I do want to keep with something that uses standard batteries. I'll look some more.
    Most high quality flashlights that are not rechargable use the lithium batteries. They are as cheap as any others though....GT's has lithiums for $1.50 a piece.

Top Bottom