• ...and so much more!
  • BigHoss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    East Texas (Brownsboro)
    Thanks for sharing the story...

I believe this quote from the news article says it all...:

"If you're going to carry a concealed weapon, put it in a reputable holster," Capt. Scott said when asked about general gun safety tips.

He may or may not have used a holster...I am not attacking the man, but as gun owners and/or CHL carriers...we must always remember to be smart about our gun and have it holstered correctly with no access to the trigger...IMHO

barstoolguru

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    dallas.tx
    one thing that was discussed on on another board is the safety of a clock in the respect that some claim that it is very hard to get clothing caught in the trigger guard. look up AD/ND's and it seems like there are a lot done in the sitting position. I for one use a saf-t-blok because I carry in a belly band and the combo seems to work with an added amount of safety

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    He may or may not have used a holster...I am not attacking the man, but as gun owners and/or CHL carriers...we must always remember to be smart about our gun and have it holstered correctly with no access to the trigger...IMHO

Agreed, but ultimately as not only a gun owner but a gun owner with kids the onus was on him to own and use the firearm correctly. Glad none of the kids were hit. The story is a great lesson, but it's still sad.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX

What he said. ;) In all seriousness though, this is why I don't recommend cheaping out on vital gear like holsters.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I prefer DA/SA guns. That won't happen with the heavier, first DA shot.

Why not? The difference between 5.5lbs and 10 lbs isn't that much. I'd agree that it is probably less likely, but to say that it won't happen is not true. And it isn't a good excuse for not buying a proper holster.

noskilz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    Houston
    Loose gun in the pocket is never a good idea. I thought Plaxico Burris re-taught everyone that lesson. Very sad ending to this one.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Man, this is sad. He made a simple mistake and paid with his life in front of his kids. It can happen to anyone who gets lax. His poor family, I can only imagine how they feel.

I've been around guns regularly since I was about 5/6. Its easy to get complacent. I actually dropped my LCP putting it up the other day, of course nothing happened. But...it scared the crap out of me and reminded me of the importance of safety and paying attention. Stay safe out there.

Top Bottom