• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Great match last weekend up in Jacksboro at the Spartan Tactical complex. Fun stages.

I shot the RO match, which kinda sucks because we shot 9 of 10 stages in one day.

Capitol Armory ad

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Waiting for them to rename it; then I will RO and/or shoot it. Not a charity match, no donations to any charity (military related or otherwise) despite the name.

Looks like a fun match. Hopefully they will grow up and either pick a name or make it a charity match. I'm good either way.

Alex

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Waiting for them to rename it; then I will RO and/or shoot it. Not a charity match, no donations to any charity (military related or otherwise) despite the name.

Looks like a fun match. Hopefully they will grow up and either pick a name or make it a charity match. I'm good either way.

Alex

That is kind of a good point. I think that they take a little leeway since it is Jim Smith that is the match director.

That said, I won't RO it again.

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston

Alex
    That's what the AMU was calling it when they handed it over to Spartan. They clearly stated it is not a charity match and give their reasoning for the name here:
    2011 FALLEN BRETHREN 3-GUN CHALLENGE - Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fun match, much improved over last year and better weather. Good meeting you Kurt, you RO'd the Huey stage right?

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    That's what the AMU was calling it when they handed it over to Spartan. They clearly stated it is not a charity match and give their reasoning for the name here:
    2011 FALLEN BRETHREN 3-GUN CHALLENGE - Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fun match, much improved over last year and better weather. Good meeting you Kurt, you RO'd the Huey stage right?

Yeah I really think it came from them needing to find something that was FB since it wasn't going to be Fort Benning anymore..

Yeah I was on the Huey stage all weekend.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    That's what the AMU was calling it when they handed it over to Spartan. They clearly stated it is not a charity match and give their reasoning for the name

Due to piss-poor, wildly inconsistant heavy-handed moderating I don't play on Enos any more.

I discussed the name with Daniel back then, and with some of the boys again this year when they sent out the call for RO's. A simple, straight no-go, which is why none of the Dreadnaught team shooters were there....and quite a few other shooters. But they don't much care, since it does well enough with the Benning fanboyz and the folks who don't care one way or another.

To each his own!

Alex

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Alex,

While I do agree it would be nice to see proceeds go to charity instead of to Spartan Tactical, I don't really see the name/charity relationship.

If there is one guy who can pull off the name "Fallen Brethren" around the beginning of October it would be Jim Smith..... Considering the main match started the day after the 9th anniversary of the Battle in Mogadishu that was the basis of the movie Blackhawk Down (I know you know this Alex, but adding the information since many might not). Just thinking out loud....

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    So what? If I call the next match I run "Wounded Warrior 5-Gun Fun Match," then I would rather expect that folks are apt to get confused by the first part into thinking that it is a match benefitting our slightly damaged military folks. Same thing if I run a "4H .22 Good Time Shootin' Match" or "Ninja Star Death and Distruction Cage Match"...folks would logically expect that some cow hugging kids or strange folks in split-toe black socks would be making some bank off their respectively named matches. Doesn't matter who puts it on (as an aside, Jim is a pretty cool guy).

A

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Personally I am just happy that a Delta Force Sniper only beat me by .63 seconds on a long range stage that he designed... :)

That said, I understand your sentiment Wakal, but will probably still go shoot the match again next year regardless.... Just not work it.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Alex,

While I do agree it would be nice to see proceeds go to charity instead of to Spartan Tactical, I don't really see the name/charity relationship.

If there is one guy who can pull off the name "Fallen Brethren" around the beginning of October it would be Jim Smith..... Considering the main match started the day after the 9th anniversary of the Battle in Mogadishu that was the basis of the movie Blackhawk Down (I know you know this Alex, but adding the information since many might not). Just thinking out loud....

I saw the name and assumed it was a benefit match of some kind.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    A few years ago, north Texas was hit with rolling brown-outs.

A sand hill crane took a crap as it was launching off a tower, the streamer shorted across the line and set off a cascade of switchyard breaker openings. It took numerous plants off-line, including the nuke where I work. We were without off-site power for only a few minutes but it created a shit-storm of response.

An errant round shattering an insulator at the wrong time could prove to have similar results, especially to a grid running the ragged edge as it is. We are certainly better prepared for a loss of off-site power thanks to post-Fukishima responses. But the preference would be never to have to rely on them.

I venture a guess ONCOR/ERCOT is not aware of what goes on there.

Not narcing, just sayin' ... Another rolling brown-out would be great for my job security.
    It would suck for your electric bills, but I would be OK for another 20 years.

That is the Spartan Tactical training facility. They run thousands of military members and law enforcement members through full time training there, including TX DPS. I am pretty sure that ERCOT has no say in what is done on that private property. The facilities owner told me they have probably 100,000+ rounds fired there a month in normal training rotations.

Top Bottom