• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I got a deposit refund check that is printed on a Bank of America check, so i took it to the local BoA and was told that they would not cash it. I asked them "aren't they required to cash checks from their bank?" They told me yes, so i said then why aren't you going to cash it, they said because i dont have an account with them. Then they call the cops and have them tell me i had to leave and to inform me that they put my name in the system with a memo that they are not to do business with me or my wife (both names were on the check). So now i have a check that i cant get cashed and need the money that is tied up in that check. SO what do i do know anyone have any experience with this?

Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    Did you show your ass?
    That's the only reason i could think the cops would have needed to be called for is because you made a huge scene. Then from that same display they chose not to do business with you.
    If I'm wrong please correct me.
    What was it that led the calling of the cops?

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    Another BoA thread? Ok RetiredArmySgt, you have to let us know the rest of the story (RIP Paul Harvey).

Craig

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Did you show your ass?
    That's the only reason i could think the cops would have needed to be called for is because you made a huge scene. Then from that same display they chose not to do business with you.
    If I'm wrong please correct me.
    What was it that led the calling of the cops?

No i didnt show my ass i just repeated what we had been talking about (the requirement to honor and that) and asked again to have the check cashed. She refused agian and sent the check back through the tube to me. and i sent it back. she then turned off the vac tube (still had my check and both my and my wifes DL) and stop communicating with us i hit the page button which did nothing. So i sat there waiting for them to give me my check and DL's back or my money and DL back. when the cops started to pull up they sent it back and said they called the cops.

dublin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    El Paso
    I still use BoA because it's always a pain to change banks but I really need to switch. Stories like this keep popping up, then there are the stories about people wrongfully evicted and having their houses trashed. Not to mention they're just inconvenient. I moved while I was engaged last year and my old bank was regional so I opened an account with BoA and put my then fiancee on it as well. Now that we're married she can't change the name on her debit card unless I go there with her so I'll have to take time off from work...think I'll just use that time to close my accounts.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    small local banks are the way to go.... regardless of the stories on here oabout BOA...they suck as a bank. i have tried to cash checks drawn on them as well and been refused. Wells fargo is the same. Local banks cater to their clients MUCH MUCH more than mega-banks. i wish the feds had let them sink....

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Only problem with my bank is the only branch i know of is in San Antonio or i would have just deposited the check, but for the bank to refuse to cash the check then put me on a refuse service list becasue i brought up the law and wanted my money.

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    small local banks are the way to go.... regardless of the stories on here oabout BOA...they suck as a bank. i have tried to cash checks drawn on them as well and been refused. Wells fargo is the same. Local banks cater to their clients MUCH MUCH more than mega-banks. i wish the feds had let them sink....
    I LOVE our small town bank! Friendly, friendly, friendly!!!!!

Sorry for your problems there R.A.S. What a huge P.I.T.A

Craig

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    They don't have to cash it in the drive-through, most won't. You have to take it inside.
    As to this whole calling the cops, keeping your check until they got there, and putting you on a 'do not service' list, I'd find out what TX state agenvcy regulates banks and raise hell with them.

Eli

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I'm getting a civil attorney and filing a suit against them and going to add to the suit the incident a couple years ago when they stole $3000 from me (but thats a much bigger story).

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    I stopped using B of A a few yrs back when it was revealed they were giving credit cards to ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!! you pay all your bills on time to keep a good credit rating, and they just give a c.c. to a law breaking NO CREDIT having ILLEGAL?????? WTF????? but the tactics they use now are just normal practice ALOT of businesses use now!! :mad: good customer service is a thing of the past!! and very few companies seem to give it......

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Hey SGT., im VERY sorry to see how this country treats you AFTER everything you've done for it!!!!!!!! its just a DAMN SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I TRUELY FEAR FOR MY 2 LITTLE BOYS AND HOW BAD EVERYDAY LIFE WILL BE FOR THEM WHEN THEY GET INTO ADULTHOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

berto40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Houston
    I think they usually have signs posted at the drive thru's that the drive thru is for account holders only. They require non holders to go into a lobby for safety and security purposes. They want to have a clear view of your face when matching it up to your ID when cashing checks. Most people can look a little different through 2 inch glass and 20+ft away. Much easier to deposit the check in your own bank and/or ask for cash payment only. You can write reciepts for cash payments....OR, OR!!!...take your chances at the Quikie Mart!

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    I totally agree with texas skeeter. The loan money to, give credit cards, and allow illegal immigrants to open bank accounts. I will never have any dealing with that bank whatsoever.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Banks beat keeping your money in a Prince Albert Tobacco can nailed to a rafter in the barn but like the men told you, small town banks where everybody knows everybody is the way to go
    which may be hard to find in a large city like SA or others.

Top Bottom