• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nestromo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Watauga, TX
    Well I was happily assembling the parts that I have bought into an AR as a gift for a friend who just finished up his last tour. Everything wass going well, the reciever wass back from the engravers and I only had a few small items to buy to finish things up.

That was when my GF walked in and said "That is really nice, but there is only one 'P' in Opperation". Oh well, what can I do but laugh and move on? Anyone know an inexpensive source for stripped lowers in DFW? This project already had me about tapped out and now I need another reciever to send off! :p

Jon
    Guns International

Attachments

• TwoPs.jpg
      TwoPs.jpg
      54.3 KB · Views: 270

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I dont know, I think that would be going back to the engraver with a big WTF if it was me....
    Amen! Unless I wrote it down and said this should be exactly like this. The guy doing the work should say hey that's not right! And call you for a WTF conference and clear it up before he goes any further. It's like a tattoo artist doesn't just tack it on there and go ehhh it don't look right but F it they won't know.

Nestromo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Watauga, TX
    I dont know, I think that would be going back to the engraver with a big WTF if it was me....

I spelled it wrong on the order form. If I can't spell it correctly then I can't expect him to. He is giving me a deep discount on the second engraving and this one is going to be built into a .22LR.

Nestromo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Watauga, TX
    Amen! Unless I wrote it down and said this should be exactly like this. The guy doing the work should say hey that's not right! And call you for a WTF conference and clear it up before he goes any further. It's like a tattoo artist doesn't just tack it on there and go ehhh it don't look right but F it they won't know.

It was my mistake. I can't spell.

Nestromo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Watauga, TX
    I gotcha! I would have definitely double checked my spelling a few times because that's something I'd do.

The sad thing is... I did.

I guess Word didn't catch it because it was capitolized or something. Must have seen it as a name?

Oh well, cheaper than a traffic ticket but an expensive spelling lesson none the less.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Take it to a machinist and have him run an end mill over the top line. Then re-engrave. It's not a big deal and would probably take 30 minutes including set up. The result would really set off the top line and make it look cool.

Flash

Top Bottom