• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ContactLeft

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    I moved here a little over a year ago to escape the liberal crap in Commifornia. The state is going downhill and will only get worse. My wife and I moved out here for a better life and so far that is exactly what we got and owe it all to Texas.

I love Texas and only wish I would have got here sooner. Everything here is better than California. I think those complaining might be here for work and work only and eventually plan to move back.

I urge all of you to fight to keep Texas the place it is and I'll be right there next to you. I've seen what happens when the liberals take over and it ain't good.

I don't know how long it takes to consider yourself a Texan but I sure hate telling people I meet I'm from Cali.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns International

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I don't know how long it takes to consider yourself a Texan but I sure hate telling people I meet I'm from Cali.

Those who settled Texas were from somewhere else too.
    When asked where you're from, simply say "Round Rock, TEXAS".
    Nuff said....

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    I've been a Texan for about four years now - last week I made a rookie mistake. While getting drink refills at Chik-Fil-A, I asked the manager for "One sweet tea and one regular tea."

As God is my witness, he asked me if I was from Maryland, to which I replied: "Well, I'm from Texas now!"

He then informed me that "regular" tea IS sweet tea...which I should have known...damn it.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    We have spoken to many real estate agents about the people that move to the great state of Texas and there is one resounding statement from all of them. Nearly all of them say that the best business advice is to stay in touch with families that move here from California as they nearly all will move back sooner or later. They cannot stand the Texan "lifestyle" and political ways about Texans.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    By no means do I intend to downplay the role that California liberals are having on the political landscape here in Texas.... but the way many of you are talking, you act like liberalism coming to Texas is something new. Texas has had a fairly vocal liberal minority since before Ma Richards held office in the early '90s. But their numbers are not only growing by virtue of people moving here, they're also increasing as a result of a more left-leaning generation coming into voting age.

Point is, if you want to keep Texas a red state, do something about it. The conservative county in California I came from nearly always voted conservative, or at least heavily leaned that way... but when you have 60 percent of the voters in the two largest population centers voting to the left (SF Bay Area and LA), even all of the other counties voting conservative won't make any difference. California was almost all red, save for the coast. At least here, conservatives still maintain a majority, albeit a narrow one.

I hear a lot of folks blaming the incoming Californians for the shift in the political landscape, but I sure don't see a lot of home-grown folks doing a lot to counter it.

You have a point about liberalism not being new. Meddling transplants definitely don't make this any better, but native-liberal citizens exist. We're coming too close for my comfort to the metropolitan libs overtaking the state due to the size of our big cities. You're wrong about home-grown folks not attempting to counter it though.

OldCurlyWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    Tulia
    I've been a Texan for about four years now - last week I made a rookie mistake. While getting drink refills at Chik-Fil-A, I asked the manager for "One sweet tea and one regular tea."

As God is my witness, he asked me if I was from Maryland, to which I replied: "Well, I'm from Texas now!"

He then informed me that "regular" tea IS sweet tea...which I should have known...damn it.

The sweet tea thing is a southeastern states thing. It has only come to this area in the last 20 years. In the early to mid 90's if you found a restaurant/cafe that served Sweet tea, it was a rarity.

diveRN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    The Metroplex
    You have a point about liberalism not being new. Meddling transplants definitely don't make this any better, but native-liberal citizens exist. We're coming too close for my comfort to the metropolitan libs overtaking the state due to the size of our big cities. You're wrong about home-grown folks not attempting to counter it though.

I'm fortunate enough to live in a rural (read: very conservative) area just outside of the Metroplex. "Liberals" here would be considered center-right moderates by most other standards. In fairness, this specific area is rural/conservative enough not to warrant any specific movement of the Right to counter liberalism so I don't see it much where I live. My son's school notwithstanding. I've already had several discussions with my kid's teacher about some of the drivel he occasionally comes home spouting. Topics of discussion have included the environment, government, and history revision. I digress.

But perhaps you're right, though. Enlighten me on what Texas conservatives are doing to counter the liberalism that's encroaching on this state. I genuinely want to be a part of it. I left the Republik of Kalifornia because I didn't like what it turned into... I don't want that happening here.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    But perhaps you're right, though. Enlighten me on what Texas conservatives are doing to counter the liberalism that's encroaching on this state. I genuinely want to be a part of it. I left the Republik of Kalifornia because I didn't like what it turned into... I don't want that happening here.

It's tough for conservatives to fight in politics, or rally others to fight for that matter. Most conservatives just want to be left alone, to live with freedom. It's not in our nature to be outspoken with smooth tongues and such. It's hard to convince those on the fence to believe what you say when you have people like Hugh Jackman, who's wildly popular and highly visible, spouting off his trash. We have to vote small, raise our families with honest values, and continue with what we know is right. I think much can be done outside the capitol by conservatives to convince others (start businesses, be involved in community, charities & schools, etc). Maybe more-so than inside.

Top Bottom