Gun Zone Deals

Ever sit down and burn through 500+ rounds of ammo in a day?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I just did that today. Went to the range just to do it, and on the way I bought a Winchester 555 bulk pack of .22. Threw the empty box in the trash before I went home, my Mark II is pretty filthy now.
    Target Sports

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Two ruger 10.22s in a tandem setup. 6 50 round and 10 25 round mags. Spent a lot more time reloading than shooting... But the tin cans were no longer a threat to anyone.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Me shooting an American 180. It's 170 rounds of .22lr every time you pull the trigger. I went through three 550 round boxes of .22lr that day loading for me and other folks this and three other .22lrs:

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Burned through 500 in about 8 seconds a few times...

M134 Vulcan? ;)

Most I ever did was 700rds .45acp through my Sig P220, 300rds through a few different 9mm's I had, and another ~300-500rds of various pistols and SMG's at the first anniversary TGT Shiloh event. I'll say this much, I found out real quick which of my ~17-20 P220 mags worked and which ones didn't. ;)

PocketGroove

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    DFW
    I've done about 330 in a session through my 1911. lol My trigger finger had two small blisters afterward.
    Also, I noticed the recoil spring getting a little mushy after 250 or so

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    It's fun but even more fun in a single shot or 5 shot 22 rifle plunking varmits in the garden or barns. Make your shots count and oh... maybe not as impressive as firing as fast as you can pull the trigger but... in a day you will be hitting what you aim at. 22 shorts were 28 cents a box, longs a bit more and long rife were 37 cents a box as a kid. Still at the time it was expensive for a kid. (man in a factory making 90 cents a hour) Learned that about 100 yards or so to fire 6 inches higher then the blackbirds head and shoot. I'd fire pull the gun down watch a puff of feather the bird fall and hear the plunk. It taught me sneaking up on crows was one hard job, but great fun the a kid.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I just did that today. Went to the range just to do it, and on the way I bought a Winchester 555 bulk pack of .22. Threw the empty box in the trash before I went home, my Mark II is pretty filthy now.

Several of my family members and myself get together and shoot on our "private" range out on BLM land in the Mojave desert. I usually end up shooting a brick of .22....it's just a fun caliber to shoot! With the speed loaders I made for my Nylon it gets pretty easy to burn through a brick in just a couple hours.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    You must have lots of Mk II mags

Only 2... I got to the range around 1, hung out with FuelFather for about an hour and then headed over to the pistol line to kill the brick. I left the range about 6, but took my time talking and goofing around a bit.

Me shooting an American 180. It's 170 rounds of .22lr every time you pull the trigger. I went through three 550 round boxes of .22lr that day loading for me and other folks this and three other .22lrs:

One of the few FA firearms I would like to own because it's one of the few I can afford to feed! Nice!!

It's fun but even more fun in a single shot or 5 shot 22 rifle plunking varmits in the garden or barns. Make your shots count and oh... maybe not as impressive as firing as fast as you can pull the trigger but... in a day you will be hitting what you aim at. 22 shorts were 28 cents a box, longs a bit more and long rife were 37 cents a box as a kid. Still at the time it was expensive for a kid. (man in a factory making 90 cents a hour) Learned that about 100 yards or so to fire 6 inches higher then the blackbirds head and shoot. I'd fire pull the gun down watch a puff of feather the bird fall and hear the plunk. It taught me sneaking up on crows was one hard job, but great fun the a kid.

Oh, it wasn't as fast as I could pull the trigger, I can tell you that. Well before halfway through, I got sick of shooting at paper and was shooting at shotgun hulls down at the berm. When I ran out of those (didn't take long - that Ruger is damn accurate!), I was shooting at shotgun wads. Then the sun hit the berm right and I could see spent bullets. Now those are a challenge at 25 yards!!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    If you combine the pistols, and carbines it sounds like a normal range day for me. I normally don't even count the .22s so I know I tend to run more than 500 rounds total. I bought one of these below and can EASILY burn a 500rd brick of .22 through my MkIII in short order. It makes loading sooooo much easier and faster (and therefore shooting more fun).
    UCL.jpg

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    I used to shoot 500+ rounds of .22 in an afternoon all the time in high school. My mom would always pick me up 2 bricks every time she went to the store.

Now I generally shoot 300-400 rounds of centerfire in an afternoon practice session. After that I start getting sloppy and am wasting ammo.

I've done twice that in day long classes/practice before though. Half before and half after lunch.

Top Bottom