• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Six inches is the difference between a solid hit and a gut shot unrecovered animal that slowly dies miles away from where it was shot.

Let's not forget they dip under sound. They'll move six inches south when they hear something. I aim at that point.

4-6" under the heart. Thats talking bow. Meet the heart will it'll be.
    Target Sports

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    If you ever believe anything I write.

Bows are an absolute blast. No ammo cost and you can shoot all day long. For free. Unless you loose an arrow.

Then it runs about six bucks per arrow lost.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Oh, I shoot a bow, I am just not confident enough in my skills to point an arrow at a game animal. I have shot too many deer with arrows sticking in them and gnarly infections from those poorly placed arrows.

If I get to the point where I can hit a dime at 25yards everything I draw, I will think about hunting with a bow.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I used to mess with bows, dabbled in hunting.

Couldn't devote enough time to stay proficient once the kids can along.

Definitely a rush when it can to hunting, but I'd always prefer a rifle when it came to putting meat on the table.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I used to mess with bows, dabbled in hunting.

Couldn't devote enough time to stay proficient once the kids can along.

Definitely a rush when it can to hunting, but I'd always prefer a rifle when it came to putting meat on the table.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Man YG. I've hunted with browning A-bolts. Always worried it's gonna rust. I love a good rifle. There's something different in sticking an animal with an arrow.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I hunted rabbits with it, went for hogs a few times but never took a shot.

Rabbits were a bitch. They would jump out of the way before the arrow got there. Had to aim in front of them or miss every time.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    It's hard to explain. If you want to increase the challenge level. I'm serious, get a bow. It's like hunting again for the first time.

I'm serious. It's as another level. You'd enjoy the hades out of it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I want meat on the table more than I want a greater challenge.

Sent from my HAL 9000

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Yes I have. I usually can tell how I will feel about a type of person with in a few minutes. I dislike about half the people I meet.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Broad point his ass. Let him bleed out while you have a coffee. No ammo cost. When you decide to look for him. Then...It's time.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I had a guy at work who was in the same shop as me. Nice enough guy, but I just couldn't stand the guy. It was to the point where if I even sensed him, my heartbeat would increase, and I'd get irritable. I had no control over it.

So one day he asked my buddies and I if he could go paintball in with us. We'd go find random empty wooded lots and have fun. One of the other guys told him yes, and I'm just thinking "great - just the guy I want to be around during my off time". I tell you what - I'd land a few heads hits on him, and I'd be good to go the rest of the week. Something about shooting him in the face with paintballs (we wore masks, for the unfamiliar) helped me make peace with him enough to get through the week until our next paintball outing.

Brojon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Psychologists say that at a lower level we are able to accurately sum up a person in less than 6 seconds.
    It's one of our basic defense mechanisms. The part that gets me is they say *accurately*.
    First impressions really DO matter.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I cannot stand the guy who is able to bullshit most people. And the naive people. I keep telling myself eventually your ass is done, but people are so fucking naive.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I judge people. I'm told not to but do it anyways. I've found that most people who judge quickly judge accurately.

Those who say you shouldn't judge people seem seem to make lots of bad choices on who they trust and associate with.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    In answer to the OP, Ab so effing lutely. One was a prospective employer that I had to say more than a few impolite, for a family forum, words to just before the end of the interview. Another was a multi-million dollar, about ten +-, client/contract that I very UN politely told to take his business elsewhere. And once again, a few very impolite words. And of course, through time, and events, and occasions, I'm sure I've met at least one or two people that I wouldn't swerve to miss on the highway. But, I generally try to avoid the hassle of the inconvenience of an asshole in my "zone".

Why? Did we meet? :clown:

Top Bottom