• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedRun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    EOTech commissioned a company called Optiflow Inc to help resolve some of their quality issues with their product, and also to create a laser diode to resolve the issues with thermal drift. They own quite a few of patents for the components of the EOTech gunsight.

Last edited:

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    on a local FB page, all of the sudden, there are two or three EoTechs for sale. hmm....

sort of makes you wonder if the sellers know about the lawsuit and recall.....

if they do and are just trying to unload them on someone who doesn't know they are sorry ba$tards in my book.

For nearly full retail too. Bass turds.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    From Larry Vicker's FB page...

I got this yesterday from a Facebook fan and he gave me permission to post it as an Eotech refund update;

'Hey Larry I know you've been fielding a bunch of questions about what's going on with EoTech and the return process. I know I have and I just got off the phone with the customer service manager. If you'd like feel free to share my experience with whoever you see fit.

Alright Mike from EoTech (The customer service manager that everybody has been getting their RMA emails from) just called me. Super nice guy and extremely helpful. He ensured me that they are working around the clock to get everything processed. He said that it would be a full refund via some form of check. (Whether it's a personal check from EoTech, a cashier's check, or some other type of check he didn't know.) He said that the thermal shift that people are experiencing with the optics is only in extreme cases of temperature change. He said, obviously like any optic when the temperature changes you may experience a POI change. He said the extreme cases with large POI shifts were when they went from 100°+ to - temperatures. Now obviously if you've done any kind of long range shooting you know that temperature makes quite a bit of difference. A temperature swing of that magnitude is going to be a big difference... Possibly even 6 moa like some of the claims. He reassured me that the gift certificates and other rumors of some type of credit are in fact just rumors. He did not give me a time frame but did say that his inbox has near 20,000 emails. So I'm guessing it's going to be a while before those refunds start getting issued. (Probably a couple months) I hope this helps clear up any and all confusion about what is going on at EoTech. If you have any further questions please ask and I'll do my best to answer per my conversation with Mike.'

rlw454

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    south of houston
    eotech got my sight 12 16 2015 i sent ups and they signed / have not heard anything from them/ this is just for your information.
    got email from eotech today 1 15 16 said they got sight and i would get refund soon

Last edited:

CALI

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Round Rock
    eotech got my sight 12 16 2015 i sent ups and they signed / have not heard anything from them/ this is just for your information.
    got email from eotech today 1 15 16 said they got sight and i would get refund soon

Yup. I received the same email. Hopefully, another month or earlier.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    They may or may not have. Read the article I linked about their mail. Looks like they're overwhelmed. I'd estimate this to take 4-6 weeks.

I FED EX'd it to their building
    it was signed for
    they've had it for a month

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    SONOFAGUN

just got an email at 430 this am stated they had gotten the sight and I would be getting a check soon.

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    SONOFAGUN

just got an email at 430 this am stated they had gotten the sight and I would be getting a check soon.
    Got the same e-mail.

Your product has been received and reviewed by EOTech and your refund is being processed. You will be updated by e-mail in the near future regarding check processing.

Thank You,

EOTech

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    How often are rebates or any such refund done faster than 8-10 weeks.

DirtyMarcus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2016
    Austin
    Submitted my refund request last week for my eotech from 2010 and got approved to send it back. Just glad it got approved, doesn't matter if it takes 3 months for the refund to arrive.

Top Bottom