• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mage2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    south of texas capitol
    I like the forum. This is one of the few forums I frequent.
    I had the chance to go to the somewhat recent Austin meetup and got to meet some of you. Had alot of fun even in the rain. Looking forward to more events.
    I was thinking about something like a 22 egg shoot or something like that.
    Venture Surplus ad

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I'd like to add to the accolades for the forum, I haven’t been on here too long but hope to make up for that by being very active here. I am a late-comer to this hobby, having obtained my first personal firearms less than four years ago (I was in the military before that, so the government provided for my habit). But I have more than made up for my late entry!

I would also like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and the happiest of New Years! Here’s hoping that 2010 will be as great as its predecessor!

Cheers! M2

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    NIce...

It's nice to have a "home town" type board. Well, at least kinda close to home.

What is especially nice to me is to have others who share most of the same views as I do, Texas wise anyway, and can see who are the real threats to our issues.

Since my top issue is the preservation of my gun rights, this board fits in nicely.

Finally, there are many parts of this forum that I have yet to explore.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    It's nice to be around the same type of people again - Texans. Good to be home. I appreciate everyone coming out to the meet n greet shoots. We've made some new friends through the forum that we would not have run into otherwise. After DH left active duty, the way we made friends changed quite a bit. And we wondered how in the world we'd do that. We didn't want to be those weird people at the grocery store

I'm not sure what to suggest for the forum for new ideas. I do like that everyone here speaks their mind, even if I don't agree with what they're speaking

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    It has been great to chat/read about all things gun related. I only wish I had found this forum sooner. I think the "behind the scenes" guys have always done well at regulating the site and keeping it civil. I look forward to learning from and sharing my experiences with, all my brothers and sisters in arms here in Texas. Good people and a killer site we got here y'all.

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    How about a shopping cart for TGT items.
    osCommerce, Open Source Online Shop E-Commerce Solutions
    is a good open source one that I have set up for a bunch of people.

I would do categories...
    Donations for a cause (wounded worriers and such) - direct them to the collection site
    Shirts
    Coats
    Shooting Gear
    Banners & Standards
    Decals & Stickers

Set it up so that the items are not shipped until there are enough orders for a run to be made.

Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    Thanks !

Thanks Alan for doing the great work that you do here on TGT. I know there is more involved then just answering Emails and puttin up with all of us as a whole. LOL. To all the members here ...I'm wishing everyone a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR !! God bless everyone here.

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    Its a great forum.
    Right now though I can't think of any improvements that could be done. Though if you want I'm sure we will be more than willing to let you know in the future..............

You know, there might be one thing. While I have not had this problem here I have had problems on other forums.

On other forums there are members that just rub your rhubarb the wrong way.
    Members that no matter what the subject seem to have nothing good or constructive to say.
    Again, I have not seen this here, but we never know what the future holds.
    It might be nice to have an option that blocks a selected members posts from our view. This block happens on their post and on quotes.
    Say if member xyz just annoys the crap out of you there is a icon in their post that you can click on that blocks their post while at the same time informs the member that 1 member (not identifying which member) has blocked them. If after a time the member sees that they are being blocked by many members they will self regulate or the forum could be set so that once so many members have blocked said annoyance they are automatically blocked from the sight until the Admin can review why this has happened.
    This is one thing that has always been a wish list item on any forum.

Other wise, this forum is great. Keep up the good work.

Also a new member in 2009

And Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

Clay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    Texas
    I’m new to the forum but did lurk for awhile. I found a very friendly bunch, how could it be otherwise with a bunch of Texians?

I hope to meet some of y’all at one of the events. Always nice to see who the real face is behind the pseudonyms. Alan, thanks for the help getting signed in.

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to everyone!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Merry Christmas to all and thanks for all the fun.

A C&R forum would be a fun addition

I knew there was something missing. A C&R and antiques section. Good call!

Its a great forum.
    Right now though I can't think of any improvements that could be done. Though if you want I'm sure we will be more than willing to let you know in the future..............

You know, there might be one thing. While I have not had this problem here I have had problems on other forums.

On other forums there are members that just rub your rhubarb the wrong way.
    Members that no matter what the subject seem to have nothing good or constructive to say.
    Again, I have not seen this here, but we never know what the future holds.
    It might be nice to have an option that blocks a selected members posts from our view. This block happens on their post and on quotes.
    Say if member xyz just annoys the crap out of you there is a icon in their post that you can click on that blocks their post while at the same time informs the member that 1 member (not identifying which member) has blocked them. If after a time the member sees that they are being blocked by many members they will self regulate or the forum could be set so that once so many members have blocked said annoyance they are automatically blocked from the sight until the Admin can review why this has happened.
    This is one thing that has always been a wish list item on any forum.

Other wise, this forum is great. Keep up the good work.

Also a new member in 2009

And Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

There is already a workable system in place. On the upper left of your screen, "User CP" then on the left side of that screen, you have "Your Control Panel", the third section down should be "Settings and Options" and the last selection in that section should be "Edit Ignore List". It's a little more work than the one you suggested and doesn't tell the offending party that they're being ignored, but it's effective.

However, it shouldn't be needed since the kind of person you're describing (never posts anything of value and only wants to post negative things that get a rise out of people) is the very definition of a troll. These types won't last long...

Top Bottom