• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The banks keep pushing their agenda might bite them in their collective asses when people start keeping the money & saying phuc the banks. Anyone who remember grandparents or great grandparents who went through the Great Depression did not use bank after getting screwed.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    The banks keep pushing their agenda might bite them in their collective asses when people start keeping the money & saying phuc the banks. Anyone who remember grandparents or great grandparents who went through the Great Depression did not use bank after getting screwed.
    Yep, mine did that. After grandma passed, grandpa moved in with us. When we were cleaning out the house to ready it for sale, we found $10 and $20 bills everywhere. In pockets of clothes, tucked behind food in the pantry, folded in with sheets and towels. It was a treasure hunt, and I’m sure there’s no way we found everything. I was just a kid then, but I remember Pop saying they found several thousand dollars. It took a long time to go through everything because every towel, sheet and garment had to be checked. This was about 40 years ago.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Yep, mine did that. After grandma passed, grandpa moved in with us. When we were cleaning out the house to ready it for sale, we found $10 and $20 bills everywhere. In pockets of clothes, tucked behind food in the pantry, folded in with sheets and towels. It was a treasure hunt, and I’m sure there’s no way we found everything. I was just a kid then, but I remember Pop saying they found several thousand dollars. It took a long time to go through everything because every towel, sheet and garment had to be checked. This was about 40 years ago.
    My grandparents didn't trust banks either. They kept money in mason jars buried in different places.They also didn't believe in using credit either.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Use instore credit cards, Cabela's, Academy, Bass Pro Shops.
    I’ve always resisted store credit cards, but it looks like the time may have come to reconsider them. I do wonder though, if they would be tracked as well. They are generally issued by a major bank, such as HSBC. I’d be curious if any of the retailers self-fund their credit accounts. Another possible option would be something like a visa gift card. I wonder how that would work?

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    I’ve always resisted store credit cards, but it looks like the time may have come to reconsider them. I do wonder though, if they would be tracked as well. They are generally issued by a major bank, such as HSBC. I’d be curious if any of the retailers self-fund their credit accounts. Another possible option would be something like a visa gift card. I wonder how that would work?
    I thought about loading up a gift card. Next would be buy local and pay cash.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I didn't read the entire thread, so I hope I'm not repeating this, but I think who this will ultimately hurt is the bank/CC companies themselves. Seeing as the parameters of "suspicious purchase" are not defined, now they are potentially on the hook for every person who is killed by a gun purchased with a CC/debit card when the family is looking at filing lawsuits.:laughing:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I didn't read the entire thread, so I hope I'm not repeating this, but I think who this will ultimately hurt is the bank/CC companies themselves. Seeing as the parameters of "suspicious purchase" are not defined, now they are potentially on the hook for every person who is killed by a gun purchased with a CC/debit card when the family is looking at filing lawsuits.:laughing:
    Intentionally tracking purchases with the goal of tracking and reporting suspicious firearms related purchases to LE.
    The first one they miss, sue them for millions or prosecute as accessories for failing to report it. I like that idea!

The thing that gets me. If the ISO is largely foriegn countries, what the hell do they have to do or say about what we buy? Why do they even care? Makes you wonder.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    How many guns are used in mass shootings? One, maybe two? This will do nothing other than to identify who has what. Same thing for ammo. One can only carry so much. 200 rnds isn't any different than 2000 rounds. Unless the perp is carrying .22 lr, there’s only so much that can be easily carried.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Just another one of their abject failures and further infringing on law-abiding gun owners.

How many criminals are buying guns with a credit card? How many are legally buying guns?

They know this will not do anything to curb or stop guns being bought or traded by criminals. They know this will have zero effect on criminals. this is just another power play to control law-abiding citizens and nothing more.

Want to send a clear message. Cut up your credit cards, and mail them back with a letter that you will no longer require their services and why. When the losses in revenue from interests rates they charge for using their services plummets into hundreds of thousands and millions of dollars, they will fight back and tell Warren to go piss up a rope.

You fight back with costing them money. It will be harder to buy guns and ammo but it can be done.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    People are stupid. Coding gun related products will just be used with red flag laws. Skip right over due process.

And for the record: Seeing how Trump triggered even some on this forum, that just means I'm going to vote for him again! :)
    Image result for triggered

Top Bottom