Electrician, technichian, maintenance, etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    You will need to meme choices. Close to home but release your medical history. Just accept that you will not get everything, you have two good offers but seem to want it both ways
    It's not a binary decision. These aren't the only 2 jobs around. I have the means to wait till something better shows up..

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I understand that is considered normal here. That doesn't mean I can't look. I'm actually expecting an offer 15 min from here. But they may require vaccinations, which is a no go for me. Which sucks, because it's 100% air conditioned, M-F, dayshift, and looks pretty mellow.

There's another post soon after that one and may be relevant. Perhaps there are more, newer law(s) prohibiting requirement of vaxs of any type, do your homework.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Try Bucees. I saw their job listings when I was there last month, and snapped this pic. Benefits look pretty good.
    7798F5D9-0355-49F7-96A2-D3710384EAD3.jpeg

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    As a commercial GC I know that a Masters was a coveted licensee and may open a variety of choices for you.
    I just applied for a job that requires me to obtain a journeyman license or better within one year of hire. It will be good if they have a pipeline to help with the process..

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I just applied for a job that requires me to obtain a journeyman license or better within one year of hire. It will be good if they have a pipeline to help with the process..
    It will help if they can verify the 8000 hours under a Texas Master, required for the license.
    A similar rule in TN caused me a long delay in obtaining a license.

Last edited:

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Hours don't transfer from other states?
    Check the TDLR site. 7000 hours verified work under a 'Texas' Master is required to apply to take test and 8000 hours before a Journeyman License is issued. There may be some exception possible but years ago in TN they enforced their requirements.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    Check the TDLR site. 7000 hours verified work under a 'Texas' Master is required to apply to take test and 8000 hours before a Journeyman License is issued. There may be some exception possible but years ago in TN they enforced their requirements.
    If that's the case, I'm screwed. I've never worked a day in TX.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    The state website says "under a TX master electrician". But if you down load the form, it asks for who/where issued the license, including what state. Which seems contradictory..

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

There's another post soon after that one and may be relevant. Perhaps there are more, newer law(s) prohibiting requirement of vaxs of any type, do your homework.

<>

There are SOME valid reasons to demand SOME vaccinations in SOME circumstances.

Mandatory vaccinations should only involve vaccines with PROVEN efficacy and reasonable risk/benefit ratios.

Like polio vaccines for kindergarten & school. Or meningitis vaccines for military recruits.

Those reasons & demands should never be subject to arbitrary expansion without solid reasoning. In each & every case.

“More is not necessarily better”; no matter what the “authorities” say.

leVieux

<>

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    Sam Houston is looking for Electrician, I know you mentioned to me about looking there.

Solar is also a viable option, might involve roof work.

Bit further than you'd like

Electrician - job post​

Tactical Automation, Inc.
    18453 Keenan Cut-off Road, Montgomery, TX 77316

$23 - $27 an hour - Full-time
    Yep. Thanks.. I've applied for a couple of those, just recently. There's one down in Willis that was suggested, but it's 5 10s. Which isn't my first choice.

Top Bottom