• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    is it me or does anyone else get angered when for example, a 92 yr old politician from W.V. just about dying in a hospital just keeps hanging on to that seat till his last dying breath??? WTF??? these guys are some SELFISH MOTHERF-KERS!!!!! they couldnt even think of just retiring once they are gravely ill or just plain a million yrs old!!!!!!! Strom Therman, you Sir are a Jacka$$!!!!!! and thank God Ted Kennedy finally died, he LITERALLY held that seat till his last breath!!! what a SELFISH JACKA$$!!!!!!!! TERM LIMITS are definately needed!!!!!!!!!
    Texas SOT

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    Just caught this on another forum and I said there that, to me, no one into his/her 80's should still be in Washington.

It was never designed to be a lifetime job and it shouldn't be now. I know it would be discrimination to have an age limit but the military does. I tried to ReUp in my early 50's and was laughed out of the recruitment center. At the time I could probably out run and out shoot those recruiters.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Yeah, that A$$HOLE KENNID_CK was so sick he even missed voting sessions!!!!!! WTF?? now that really was in the best interests of his constituants???? why couldnt he just retire and let the people or local GVNMNT pick a healthy or younger replacement?? because its not about the people with LIBSH-TS like him, its about themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    Egomaniac self serving politicians??? As opposed to what? The humble ones that serve only the public? I'll believe in the Loch Ness monster before I'll believe that species exists!

Just a bit cynical here - I used to live in D.C. and work with the government.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Egomaniac self serving politicians??? As opposed to what? The humble ones that serve only the public? I'll believe in the Loch Ness monster before I'll believe that species exists!

One hell of a lot of truth in that post.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010

i gotta disagree with ya on this one T-Wolf. i do believe there are some good politicians out there with the peoples best interests in their agenda. Yes they too are out to promote and move themselves forward, but so are we at work!! just sayin....

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Ya know, our founding fathers never invisioned serving in the House or the Senate as a career, they invisioned an Honor, a Citizen-Legislature that would fulfil the term and go home. We have allowed the House and the Senate to become the "ruling class" who have lost all touch with the real world.

How many of them have ever had to make a payroll, or manage cash flow so that you make it through a short month?

Term limits and get that JackA**S out of the White House. The november elections are coming, and ALL of them need to go home. ALL of them, no matter what you think of the job your representive has done, it's time to take our country back!

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    Term limits and get that JackA**S out of the White House. The november elections are coming, and ALL of them need to go home. ALL of them, no matter what you think of the job your representive has done, it's time to take our country back!

Not exactly true.

Granted some of you have Mz. Jackson Lee and she is the most dunderheaded congressperson I have ever seen. She should have been gone years ago.

But my congressman is Ted Poe and he is one of the 10% ers. He has stood up against every whacko bill that demos have proposed. He is totally pro-gun. I met him once when he spoke at our annual Gun Club meeting. He deserves to stay.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Not exactly true.

Granted some of you have Mz. Jackson Lee and she is the most dunderheaded congressperson I have ever seen. She should have been gone years ago.

But my congressman is Ted Poe and he is one of the 10% ers. He has stood up against every whacko bill that demos have proposed. He is totally pro-gun. I met him once when he spoke at our annual Gun Club meeting. He deserves to stay.

There are some that might desreve to stay, but NO ONE deserves to stay FOREVER!

Term limits across the board.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Ya know, our founding fathers never invisioned serving in the House or the Senate as a career, they invisioned an Honor, a Citizen-Legislature that would fulfil the term and go home. We have allowed the House and the Senate to become the "ruling class" who have lost all touch with the real world.

How many of them have ever had to make a payroll, or manage cash flow so that you make it through a short month?

Agree 100%! Term limits. Two terms, no retirement benefits and go back to your civilian job.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    is it me or does anyone else get angered when for example, a 92 yr old politician from W.V. just about dying in a hospital just keeps hanging on to that seat till his last dying breath??? WTF??? these guys are some SELFISH MOTHERF-KERS!!!!! they couldnt even think of just retiring once they are gravely ill or just plain a million yrs old!!!!!!! Strom Therman, you Sir are a Jacka$$!!!!!! and thank God Ted Kennedy finally died, he LITERALLY held that seat till his last breath!!! what a SELFISH JACKA$$!!!!!!!! TERM LIMITS are definately needed!!!!!!!!!

My thoughts exactly ! Well stated, Skeeter

Shooterman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    SE Texas
    Not exactly true.

Like Sisco, Ted Poe is my Representative, as well, and he has pretty well been a straight conservative Rep. Having endured the likes of Jack Brooks for over 40 years, then Stockman, then the carpetbagger, Nick Lampson, Mr Poe has a ways to go in my book before he wears his welcome out. It would be nice if after a few years a Rep or Senator realized he/she had worn out their welcome, but it would be very presumptuous of me to tell anyone else who they can vote for or not vote for.

My two cents.

Top Bottom