• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    I agree with a lot ot the info provided here, but not all. Some RVs are actually made to live in full time, others are not. I am a full time RVer in a 30 year old unit, and have been for ten years.

Prior to that, I have had a lot of experience with other enclosed trailers. Everything I own is on wheels including a trailer for storage, one for my workshop, and one that I built as a portable garage for my motorcycle that I no longer have.

I dont have the time to go into everything of course, but would be happy to answer any specific questions to the best I can.
    Target Sports

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I am full-time living in a toy hauler for 3+ years with my wife and now two kids. Did over 15k miles last year. I'm in Indiana right now.

There's a lot to consider (budget, toy requirements, length and weight restrictions, etc.). RVs are like boats, except they don't sink when you have a leak (when not if).

There are several traditional toy hauler makers that offer bumper pull, 5th wheel, class A, and the Mecca Super Cs, which can be a toy hauler that can haul another toy hauler. Most of these focus on the RV aspect first, with adding the ability to put a toy in the back of some type.

Then there's toys first design like the ATC PLā Series. Aluminum design and $$$.

ETA:

Finding anything under $10k would be a shell of a hauler, at best, a lot of work to get functioning.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    Another option is you could go the route of possibly a horse trailer with a camper upfront.

This is the option I'm looking at.

Old horse trailers are built tough. I have an RV, but want a "toy hauler" layout with space in the back for generators, a workshop, and lawn furniture storage.

My idea is to live in my Daughter's backyard in Austin from September - May, then move to my Neice's backyard in Colorado Springs for June, July, & August.

I want my tools available year-round.

RevolverGuy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    My parents put a mobile home on their ranch in 1986.

We managed to keep it as well as storage sheds almost rodent-free till everything burned to the ground in 2009. We did it by diligently maintaining several rat bait traps around all of the structures.

I say “almost” because we did have one incursion when a squirrel chewed its way through the ceiling.

When I opened the door, my first thought was that someone had broken in. It looked as though criminals had ransacked the place looking for something valuable. Nope, just one squirrel I later found dead in a sofa cushion.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I need an education on toy haulers.

I didn’t know there was such a thing until my gear-head BIL passed recently. I’m being offered his 2000 20’ Gator for $2,000, but it’s in obvious need of a good bit of sweat equity. IDK if I want to screw with it.

Anyway, now that I’ve discovered them, I’ve decided that could be the perfect solution for storage & sleeping on my little place near Jacksboro.

My requirements are:
    Room to sleep 4 max (usually just me.)
    AC & good ventilation a must-have.
    Room for a 4-wheel ATV + tools, maybe a small pull-behind disc.
    Generator-ready (no electric or water on property)
    Gate operable by one old guy (me.)
    Weather and vermin-resistance since it will stay parked there.

Kitchen & bath are nice-to-haves, in that order, but not required.

Under $10k.
    If I were to go back to rv living, it would be in a horse trailer conversion with a toy/shop/open garage type area in the rear.

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    I want to buy this truck to pull my gooseneck Horsetrailer RV.

It's been on Facebag since February when he posted it for $11,000. Now it's $8,000.

truck.jpg

I figure I will be able to buy it in September of 2024 for $4,000 when he needs a new 4-wheeler for hunting season.

Fingers crossed! :)

Top Bottom