• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    sneezing or exhaling droplets into the air containing the virus does make it airborne.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don't know how that woman could have NOT known what she was doing.

I'm almost leaning towards thinking she should be held criminally responsible if she managed to infect anyone else on the plane.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Turns out the nurse on the flight was symptomatic. So we'll all get a chance to sit back and see what happens now,

Kaos

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2014
    Plano
    I don't know how that woman could have NOT known what she was doing.

I'm almost leaning towards thinking she should be held criminally responsible if she managed to infect anyone else on the plane.
    Hard to hold her criminally negligent since the CDC okayed her to fly after she had contacted them.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Hard to hold her criminally negligent since the CDC okayed her to fly after she had contacted them.

There is a lot of blame to go around, but it starts at the top. The people who get it, or suspect that they have it, should have some consideration for their fellow man.

Michael Savage brought up a good point about the military deciding to quarantine all soldiers coming back from Africa who may have made contact with infected persons before they are let into the general population. Why is the military taking a completely different approach than the CDC here?

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    There is a lot of blame to go around, but it starts at the top. The people who get it, or suspect that they have it, should have some consideration for their fellow man.

Michael Savage brought up a good point about the military deciding to quarantine all soldiers coming back from Africa who may have made contact with infected persons before they are let into the general population. Why is the military taking a completely different approach than the CDC here?

I'm surprised there is so much sense left in the military even after Obama's officer purges.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Why?

And did they give here the OK to fly back?

They screwed up telling here to go because here temp was under 100.3 (I believe that was the magic number), but I've heard nothing if them approving the return flight.

Also, I believe in personal responsibility. She knew better or she wouldn't have called multiple times.

I'm not saying let the CDC off the hook, I'm saying she chose to be negligent and should pay for it should anyone suffer due to her negligence.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    yeah, that is a relief to know its not airborne....we will tell that to the people who sat next to the nurse on the plane

I wonder if Jordan will illuminate us lowly mouth breathers with what magical medium the sneeze droplets travel through?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    An airborne disease doesn't need any droplets to carry it. It also stay suspended in the air for much longer and can travel much further than a disease carried by fluids.

If Ebola were truly airborne, we would be in a much worse situation.

Also, the nurses in a Monrovian hospital would all be dead since they are only using a standard face mask. Instead, none have been infected since the outbreak began.

Big difference.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Also, none of this is meant to insult. The difference has been pointed out many times and some are still claiming it is an airborne disease, which it is not.

No reason to take offense when it's simply a matter of the definition. No reason to call it something it's not.

Might sound like a minor difference, but it's a pretty major one.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Also, none of this is meant to insult. The difference has been pointed out many times and some are still claiming it is an airborne disease, which it is not.

No reason to take offense when it's simply a matter of the definition. No reason to call it something it's not.

Might sound like a minor difference, but it's a pretty major one.

I guess Obama isn't the only one exhibiting hubris these days. Sorry Jordan.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    it may not be "airborne" by the difinition of a virologist, but if I'm on a pressurized areospace vehicle with postitive cabin pressure and air vents all around me when an ebola infected person sneezes, I'm calling it airborne:bring:

Top Bottom