• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I rarely use eBay and Paypal. However, I found a great deal on a Camelbak M.U.L.E and had to get it. I updated my address on eBay, thinking that is what was important. WRONG. They shipped it to my old address on my Paypal account. I know 100% that it was my fault, not trying to pass blame or anything. Contacted my old address(an apartment complex), they have seen nothing under my name, and have been working very courteously with me. Contacted the seller ~6 times through messaging and email. Nothing. The listing also stated they would send tracking, but no tracking info was ever sent. Opened a case and they still didn't respond, so I just now escalated it. If eBay decides in their favor, which would make no sense to me as they never provided tracking information, I think I can contact my credit card company I used through Paypal. The weirder thing is, I don't know how Paypal managed to let me pay with that credit card under my old address.

Once again, I have more problems ordering stuff online.
    ARJ Defense ad

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    ive had that happen to me, but it wasnt ebay. i ordered 8 gallons of CARC ( chemical agent resistant paint ) milspec vehicle paint. i used my new address and everything and somehow it ended up at my sister in laws, parents house. how it got there i have no idea as ive never used their address for anything.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    It's beyond aggravating. And to top it off, I got half of my order from Botach Tactical. I've heard both good and bad stories about them, but that they were getting better. Ordered 5 20rnd PMAGs and 4 30rnd PMAGs. They let me know the 20rnd PMAGs were on backorder the day my package arrived. I've complained on here before about ordering stuff online, but I keep doing it because I either a) can't buy the things where I live or b) it's substantially cheaper.

Dammit all.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    When you use paypal an Ebay most ebayers will only ship to the paypal comfirmed address. I had this happen to me when I had an FFL. I move from one apartment to the other and the dist sent the rifle to the old apt. they new folks denied getting it. I told them I was obligated to call the FBI if it did not show up in a day. would you imagine that it showed up the next day.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    if youre leo or mil, botach will give you better customer service, somewhat. lmao

Unfortunately, I am neither. They did ship super fast though, for whatever that's worth.

When you use paypal an Ebay most ebayers will only ship to the paypal comfirmed address. I had this happen to me when I had an FFL. I move from one apartment to the other and the dist sent the rifle to the old apt. they new folks denied getting it. I told them I was obligated to call the FBI if it did not show up in a day. would you imagine that it showed up the next day.

LOL. Nice.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Oh and they shipped to the address on my paypal that WASN'T confirmed. If they had, it would've gone to my parent's address - which is perfectly fine with me.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Less than 6 hours later - eBay refunded my money to my Paypal, which I used my credit card to pay through. Just awaiting the credit to hit my account.

Lucky me.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Already ordered it from Amazon. Never had a problem there. Free 2-day shipping too, but it ended up costing me about an extra $10. So I guess it evens out. I don't care honestly, as long as I get my freaking pack.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I began buying online to save on reloading supplies, found a good deal on BMG ammo monday and ordered some that night that hasn't shipped yet. They sent an email saying it shipped yesterday but ups says the label is made but it hasn't arrived at their warehouse. I try to control my impatience, I've learned that better deals generally come with a longer wait. Just find their email slightly misleading if UPS hasn't actually picked up the package....Hope it's here by next weekend.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I've heard bad thing about botach but I've never bought anything from them.

its hit or miss. their customer service aint that great, they cater mostly to leo and mil. they arent very clear in some of their ads/auctions and theyre based out of los angeles yet dont know the ca laws so they avoid ca customers for most things.

AndrewGS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Spring
    I bought a car on eBay back in 2003, a rare 1994 Chevrolet Caprice 1A2 (police package) wagon. I drove up to Chicago to get it and it had untold or pictured rust on the hood and roof. The hood, no biggie, I can get a hood cheap, but the roof? I'd have to cut and weld. Long story short, I came home with no wagon. Seller threatened legal action and eBay sided with me. Spent $600 on that little trip, but it was fun. Live and learn.

That said, I've had 99% great success with eBay and PayPal and I've saved lots of money on everyday stuff, bought stuff I'd never have found elsewhere and sold stuff I'd otherwise have thrown away and even made some money on stuff I could get when nobody else could. I even ended up buying another car on eBay in 2004 and still own it to this day.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    One time my company ordered a bunch of networking equipment and it was shipped to a co-worker's house. It wasn't even the co-worker that placed the order... No one knows how they got the guy's address. Fed ex just left it on the porch, too. It was about $20k worth of stuff!

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    I see it as a gamble buying online. The waiting sucks, but Ive learned to deal with it. But I have been fortunate to never have a problem.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I bought a car on eBay back in 2003, a rare 1994 Chevrolet Caprice 1A2 (police package) wagon. I drove up to Chicago to get it and it had untold or pictured rust on the hood and roof. The hood, no biggie, I can get a hood cheap, but the roof? I'd have to cut and weld. Long story short, I came home with no wagon. Seller threatened legal action and eBay sided with me. Spent $600 on that little trip, but it was fun. Live and learn.

That said, I've had 99% great success with eBay and PayPal and I've saved lots of money on everyday stuff, bought stuff I'd never have found elsewhere and sold stuff I'd otherwise have thrown away and even made some money on stuff I could get when nobody else could. I even ended up buying another car on eBay in 2004 and still own it to this day.

That is one thing I won't buy sight unseen.

On a side note amazon is fixing to start charging sales tax on items in Texas... I think it is in June...

Top Bottom