• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    been thinking about this brand, but not sure about reliability and customer service? any info from this forum on personal perspective of ownership? was thinking about a beretta, but several owners say/state their cs is terrible.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    If you're refferring to EAA, yes their customer service is bad.

I've never *had* to use beretta's customer service, but they've always answered any question I've asked them, including some pretty in depth stuff.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    was thinking about a beretta, but several owners say/state their cs is terrible.
    I’ve owned 8 Beretta 92 models, 2 Beretta shotguns, and a Beretta carbine, but never had a reason to use Beretta’s customer service. Also put thousands of rounds through government owned Berretas without a single issue.

ETA: I’ve also owned 2 PX4’s without issue.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    I want the 92gta as the 1 I held when at a Cabela's fit fine, unlike 1911's. I think there's a backstrap that can be added for more of a 1911 style grip? Not me!

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I've had a few EAA guns over the years and had no issues to contact them about. The witness series are pretty straight shooting CZ clones and I also have the tanfoglio version of a CZ97. The latest generation of Tanfoglios are sharp looking guns but most go with CZ. Not sure what they're importing these days but they don't import junky guns just unknowns in the US market.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I had a Girsan Regard MC (Beretta 92 clone). Good shooter, but the extractor wore out quickly. A Wilson Combat extractor fixed that. Only downside was that 200+ rounds in a range session would get the barrel hot enough to cause failure to extract. Cool-down time and a quick cleaning was the fix. Ended up selling it to fund another gun.

If you need it fixed, skip EAA and take it to your local gunsmith. Only difference between Beretta and it are the barrel and locking block. You'll spend less on the gunsmith than on shipping.

Top Bottom