• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    That looks like a single-stack AK receiver, and some Google searching confirms it. You can open the mag hole up so that regular double-stacks will fit, otherwise no, you'd be stuck with 10 round mags. Single stack AK mags are very hard to find, though they should be somewhat cheap if you find someone with them - nobody wants them, and for good reason.

How much does it cost? AKs have come down a lot (I recently saw Romanian WASR AKs for $300) and that one has some pretty crappy (IMO) features. I'm not a fan of the stock, especially the shape of the butt plate (that is going do dig you like a mofo), and the rail on top of the cover is next to useless - anything you put on it is not going to hold a zero worth a damn.

If it costs more than $350 I wouldn't even consider buying it - it's going to need a bit of work to make it as good as a regular AK.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Thanks for the info...
    I have never really been into AKs although they do capture my interest here lately. I would like to find one that will accept the 30 rd mags and wont break the bank. Seems that most people price their used ones as if they have the only one left for sale in Texas. If you run across anything feel free to pass a link on to me. Thanks.

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    I got a WASR a while back at the Ft. Worth gun show. I think he was asking 359 for it. I traded for it and didnt have to spend anything. I saw a few others there but they were asking crazy prices. Plus theres not that great of a selection.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads