• Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    From the article

Meanwhile, BMW drivers (6th in worst drivers overall) had the highest DUI count (3.13/1,000) amongst the lot.

And that is the ones they catch....

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Gee, Mercury and Cadillac lowest on the totem pole. Now analyzes the stat with the number on the road?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Just about every brand of vehicle in Odessa. Good thing my motorcycle skills of keeping my head on a swivel and good brakes manages to keep me out of accidents.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Yay! Ram made #1!

"
    But what makes Ram drivers so bad? There’s a mix of factors here, which may not necessarily be the drivers themselves. Rams are the cheapest entry for pickup truck enthusiasts, and modern pickup trucks are one of the most dangerous vehicles to drive because of their design. They’re taller than most other vehicles on the road, creating blindspots for the driver, heavier, making them more likely to injure and kill, and generally bigger, making them harder to handle.

It is interesting to note however that drivers of other famous pickup truck brands, Chevrolet, Ford and GMC—which together with Rams, account for the best-selling vehicle in nearly every U.S. state—rank somewhere at the bottom of the top 20, far below Ram drivers."

I would like to see it broken down further.
    How many of the 33 out of 100 had dual stacks or 5 gallon bucket sized tail pipes on a no muffler 4 inch exhaust, blowing black smoke, or any of the other rediculous things that I see Dodge (and other brand diesel) drivers doing.

And just to be clear. I own two Dodge diesels, both with stock exhaust, I never depoy my moose antler mirrors unless pulling my fifth wheel RV, and regular sized tires with no suspension or body lifts.

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I sold my Ram and bought a BMW. Should have read this first. No wonder why my insurance is so bad. I was considering a Cadillac. Just couldn’t find a Blackwing without all that useless aero on it and those red seatbelts. 20 year old me would have thought all that was cool though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Driving a BMW is just short of driving a Tesla.
    A Ram is a Dodge always was always will be.
    Chevy, Ford, Dodge just pick one they all have problems you'll never have the best becuase it doesn't exist.
    Doesn't matter what you drive or ride we all make mistakes when driving tho many way too many shouldn't be driving at all.
    Going to have In n Out for lunch ;)

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Driving a BMW is just short of driving a Tesla.
    A Ram is a Dodge always was always will be.
    Chevy, Ford, Dodge just pick one they all have problems you'll never have the best becuase it doesn't exist.
    Doesn't matter what you drive or ride we all make mistakes when driving tho many way too many shouldn't be driving at all.
    Going to have In n Out for lunch ;)

Truth!
    I have said for a long time that traffic congestion problems, Air pollution, and fuel supply issues could all be minimized if states would stop giving drivers licences to anyone that can pay the fee.

Get the people that should not be behind the wheel out of the car and onto busses. And that would solve one more problem. Publicly funded transportation might actually come close to paying for itself.

Top Bottom