• ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    3pigs_zps3e407ac9.jpg

I was standing in the LR window to take the picture over the top of my car. If the car wasn't there, I would have shot from my chair. :cool:

I've been coming out to this place since the 70s and have lived here for 4 years and never saw a pig until today. The neighbors have complained and I have seen the damage, just never saw a pig. I watched (mainly the bushes shaking) about 6 pigs working the tree line in the tall grass for about an hour. There was several times I had an OK view but was never comfortable taking a shot. Even a couple of times I wondered if I could get a 2 fer 1. ;)

They finally came out of the tall stuff where I have corn out for the deer. I peeked around the corner of the house and popped him from about 60'. They scurried into the grass, one much slower than the others. I put on some boots and went looking for him, turns out he dropped about 15' from POI.

So there it is, my 1st pig story :cool: Don't laugh, everyone has to start somewhere.

Oh yea, even as I prepped this thread the others had returned so I may get more tonight.

pigdown1_zpsb96bb543.jpg

pigdown2_zps640eacc1.jpg
    ARJ Defense ad

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    nice AR and nice pig but now you've got the unholy haram animaml on your gun.

So you can shoot these on your property? I've always wanted to hog hunt. May i come over some day and test out my AR and mosin on some swine and help ya out lol?

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Step 1 should be to move the car out of your line of sight. Those things multiply faster than rabbits. Shoot as many as you see next time, and invite folks over to shoot even more.

This may be your first time to see them, but left unchecked, in a year or two you won't remember a week where you didn't see any. The fact they taste good and everyone wants to shoot them for you actually works to your advantage.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Damn G!
    You thowing a party??

JK. Coming outta the woodwork ain't they? HAH!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    LMAO ... One sighting in 4 years HARDLY makes this a hog hunters haven!

No sleep over tonight, I need to get the dirty dishes out of the sink first :rolleyes:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Good stuff!
    I hope you got foom in the freezer.
    them little water melons are the best eaters, only next time.....head shot, wont waist a bit of meat. Soooo, when is the pit gonna fire up?
    I'm not what you would call a good cook. Hell I'm not good enough to be a bad cook so this one is going to the circle of life.

I considered a header Greg, but last time I shot the rifle (granted it was at 100yds) it was hitting around 3" out of POA.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    since you can pop em from the couch.......throw some old produce out there on a full moon night, get ya one of them there el cheapo motion detectors from harbor freight.....and wait for the "ding-dong" and open up.....oh, don't forget the Lone Star Light

Top Bottom