• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    Anyone ever been to this gun shop? I have been in there twice and been extremely unimpressed. Seems like all they have is a bunch of reloading equipment. Very small selection and not the friendliest staff.
    Venture Surplus ad

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    1604 & I-10?!?? You sure 'bout that, or are ya thinkin' 'bout the place at 410/Fredericksburg? I stop by there regularly, never have an issue w/them. Crusty ol' coot - but he's got more parts in that back room for more different guns than you can shake a stick at. He's "old school" - act accordingly, an' you'll get along fine w/him.

sdsmith0322

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    San Antonio
    I like the place personally. Gone in there quite a few times with no issues. True they may not jump out of their chairs with a "Hey how the heck are you and a smile" but I dont think that makes them unfriendly at all.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    1604 & I-10?!?? You sure 'bout that, or are ya thinkin' 'bout the place at 410/Fredericksburg? I stop by there regularly, never have an issue w/them. Crusty ol' coot - but he's got more parts in that back room for more different guns than you can shake a stick at. He's "old school" - act accordingly, an' you'll get along fine w/him.
    hey tr does he work on 1911s

mastertech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2011
    Schertz
    for the first experiance i had him install some sights on my first xd 40. he said i could just wait around..... i waited and waited and all i hear is SMACK, SMASH, BOOM, CRASH, BANG BANG, BANG, CUSS, CUSS, BANG, BANG.... for like 30 mins!!!! and my thoughts are "oh crap my pistol will never be the same, im sure its scarred and marred and looks like crap. and the tridium capsules are sure to be broken... then he comes out and said. "man those things were tight but they will never move now. please only pay me $20.00 because it took so long" i looked over the work and was amazed. not a scratch and perfect.
    gladly paided him and have gone back several times
    i have bought a colt ar-15 and about 30 lower price than any other shop in sa. he performed a 1911 trigger job on my pistol before i learned how and loved the outcome and price.
    he is old school but he knows his stuff.
    keep the respect up for the old school and things will go well.

cdstub

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2013
    Crusty ol' coot, I couldn't have put it any better, however he is a gunsmith not a part replacer, what makes it even better he is honest. He has done work for me for over 30 years. I can stand a little smoke when it is in the air there rather than have it blown in my posterior when I'm someplace else. He is a professional gunsmith which is a dying bred in the age of a throw away society. The first person was way off base as to his location and the person.

Top Bottom