• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I have no issue with snow and cold temps. I still have 2 cords of wood and plenty of coffee but this #$%&@# ice sucks!

I burned brush out in the country yesterday, since it was a great day for that and today I wanted to do some loading and just hang around the house. Here is what sucks. I have a new chronograph, a holster for my G17 and 1000 bullets sitting in the UPS warehouse across town and they have been in town since Thursday and I CAN'T HAVE THEM DAMMIT!!!!!!!!
    I even drove over there yesterday hoping to get them and they had a sign up saying they were closed all day.

I don't see UPS running today either so the ice is making my life suck today!:banghead:
    Venture Surplus ad

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I'm ready for summer.

gonna skip spring huh?

I'd be happy with April-like weather over this crap.
    This is when I realize I would never make it in the Yukon, I'd get cabin fever during the first 2 weeks of winter up there.:boom:

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425140986.009418.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425141009.673724.jpg
    Not yet it doesn't but if I shoot an axis this morning I'll have no water to wash it out. Hose is froze solid, didn't think to let that line drip too.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Off work today because of the weather. I like this weather personally. The 100° days of summer wear me out. I will take any change from that.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My little dog Jake and I try to keep positive attitudes and treat each other well but the truth is................cabin fever is getting to both of us!

Bonnie comes over once or twice per week and the neighbors are terrific, but we miss playing outside! I take a ride down the road and shoot the crap with the guys at the local gun shop to keep things balanced.

Being retired, I have lots of TIME but the cold locks up my joints and it's painful to move/ride bikes/ride the Harley/work outside on projects.

My choice would be sunny skies and 95 degrees. That's perfect!

Today, we are going to cook a pork roast and do some laundry. There are two slabs of ribs that may get cooked, too.

My answer....YES! this weather is really screwing up the plans!

Flash

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Vmax,
    you going to the gunshow?

no sir, not the one at the coliseum today. I have just about quit going to all of them in town.
    Same old same old. I bet you some dealer out there has a 500 round box of 22 LR for $99 he's been dragging around for 2 years.

I can almost see going just to get out of the house but I just don't think I want to get out in the ice. Maybe Sunday after church, some of this will melt off

Last edited:

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    no sir, not the one at the coliseum today. I have just about quit going to all of them in town.
    Same old same old. I bet you some dealer out there has a 500 round box of 22 LR for $99 he's been dragging around for 2 years.

I can almost see going just to get out of the house but I just don't think I want to get out.

Pretty much how I feel about it.
    Got groceries yesterday. Roads were bad enough.
    I figure they're much worse today.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Had big plans to find some pallets and build bins for the compost, instead put out corn and changed the cards in the game cams, might make a trip to the hardware store for a spading fork but sitting in front of the wood stove is looking better.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Went outside and almost slipped and fell on the driveway. It's gravel, so I knew I wasn't getting on the streets. Same situation with UPS. But kinda weird. Two packages shipped from PSA on the same day. Both tracked together, arrived in Austin Friday 3 am. One got on the truck and was delivered, the other was delayed due to weather. Very strange.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Staying inside ...

Put on a pot of venison stew a while ago.
    Sure is smelling the house up ...

Maybe a pan of cornbread.
    No sweet milk, though.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Went outside and almost slipped and fell on the driveway. It's gravel, so I knew I wasn't getting on the streets. Same situation with UPS. But kinda weird. Two packages shipped from PSA on the same day. Both tracked together, arrived in Austin Friday 3 am. One got on the truck and was delivered, the other was delayed due to weather. Very strange.

Coming in at 3am this morning the gravel road was the worst of the drive, aside from a couple of bridges that hadn't been sanded.

The ice melted, then the mud froze as it was getting packed down. Made it pretty dang slick.

Top Bottom